My Girl

My Girl

A Story by Jamie
"

A wanted love

"

 

My Girl.
 
There she is as usual, walking down the other side of the street; I’d know her anywhere, can easily pick her out of the crowd. The way she walks, the way her gorgeous hips sway, the way she dresses. There’s no fooling me, I’d know her anywhere.
 
There she goes, salmon T top, blue crop pants, baseball cap, black curly hair cascading from underneath, walking to the pastry shop; she always stops there at this time. I know she’ll go in; she’ll spend a few minutes looking in the window trying to decide just what she fancies today.
 
I follower her, me on the opposite side of the street, unable to take my eyes from her; the apologies flow quickly to everyone I accidently bump into, but to take my eyes from her, and risk losing sight of her is too impossible. I will one day have the courage to stop her and ask for a date maybe.
 
She stops exactly where I know she’ll stop; she looks in a window, the window of a clothes shop, but quickly moves on. I run across the street almost running into a car, it screeches to a halt, I jump over the bonnet. She’s looking; she’s actually looking at me!
 
Seeing what the commotion was all about, she turns and moves on, but now I am on her side of the street, and closing in on her. She stops, as expected at the bakery; she scans the window, searching out what she desires. I move at a quickened pace, but slid to a halt at the bakery as she walks in.
 
Shall I go in? Should I go in? What would I say? No best to wait, maybe another day!
 
I stand at the baker’s door; I see her being served, a bag of something, and is that a cup of tea?
 
My hands are sweating, my heart pounding, my breath shallow.  I can’t believe I’m acting like a love struck kid, not at my age!
 
What’ll I say, what if she blanks me?
 
The actual decision was abruptly taken from me as she came out. It was really my fault; I was too engrossed in my thoughts to realise, but soon snapped out of it when the hot tea spilled all over my shirt.
 
And there she was, pressed up against me, my arms somehow wrapped around her!
 
“Oh, I’m so…so sorry!” she says in a voice that sinks into my heart.
 
I can’t believe my luck; her hand is against my chest, she dropped the cup on impact. It didn’t matter my pants were now soaked and stained, it didn’t matter my shirt was wet, it didn’t matter she is standing on my foot! She’d actually spoke to me!
 
“No…no…it…it was my fault…really it was!” I manage to stammer out like a retard.
 
“I should have been looking where I was going. Er…you can let go now! She says looking up at me.
 
I didn’t hear her; not from the moment I looked into those eyes, those deep dark mesmerising eyes of hers. And that was it, captured for all eternity; those eyes drew me in and chained me to her completely.
 
Our gaze fixes on each other; those eyes burning into mine, reading my thoughts, my heart, and my soul. For endless moments we are embraced, fate had stepped in, and gives me the chance I needed.
 
“Oh, excuse me!” she says as she squeezes by, tea and cake bag in hand.
 
I can’t believe it, in my tormenting daydream I’d let her slip by me; the chance to speak to her gone. Fate had played its cruel joke on me, she was gone until tomorrow.  
 
But tomorrow is another day, and who knows…tomorrow she may become my girl!
 
 

© 2008 Jamie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this story. I think it is really romantic, and I hope you elaborate more. I want to know what happens next! Great job. MORE! MORE! MORE!

Posted 16 Years Ago


This was so well written, the anxiety over meeting her face to face or staying in the shadows and just watching her. It makes you hope that they do become a couple. Sweet.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Jamie
Jamie

About
Am a writer in several genres amongst other things more..

Writing
Stand by you Stand by you

A Poem by Jamie


Moment in time Moment in time

A Poem by Jamie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Second Night Second Night

A Story by Jamie


Time Time

A Poem by Jamie