The Search For Cait(Fallout 4 Short Story)

The Search For Cait(Fallout 4 Short Story)

A Story by Scott
"

Cait has been kidnapped by raiders, and the Sole Survivor must find her.

"
"Well they let ole Pete out of jail
He went back to his store
All the women who payed his bail
Were waitin' on Pete to chop some more

He's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
He's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
Hack, wack, choppin that meat!"

I turn off my radio on my pip-boy as I frown, trying to remember where I wanted to fast travel to. I look at my map. Where…..oh yeah, Ten Pines Bluff. I hit confirm and soon I'm there, checking on my settlers. Maybe I should introduce myself. My name is Graham Steele. I'm six feet tall and I hate those hand-me downs. I have jet black hair cut and combed in the rebel style. My beard can only be described as survivalist.

I have a long, ugly scar on the left side of my face. I got it during the war when a Chinese assassin appeared out of thin air and tried to split my face in half. Lucky for me he only grazed it. My buddy made sure he never made another mistake again, mowing him down on the spot with a 5mm Gatling gun. My build is muscular, if not a little skinny. Dandy boy apples can only go so far. Dark sunglasses conceal my eyes, hiding my expression. A NCR trench coat helps keep the wasteland dust off me. It's dark brown and I never leave home without it. I examine my settlement. Nothing too serious. A few super mutants attacked the place. Naturally, I had to help them, 'cause, ya know, settlers cannot help themselves. Babies. Everything was fine until one of the trade routes came through. The woman ran up to me, out of breath, "It's Cait," she gasped, "They've taken her!"

I feel like I've been kicked in the groin and gut. By a Deathclaw on psycho. A tree of questions appear before me, they're in alphabetical order

A. When
B. Why
C. Curse
D. Your fault

I pick B.

"Why the hell did you allow this to happen?" I yell. "I mean, you settlers can't do a f*****g thing right." Whoa. I didn't think it'd come out like that. Holy s**t.

The settler stammers, "Ahh, I'm, I'm, well, we tried but there were too many raiders. They grabbed Cait while she was outside the settlement looking for flowers."

I'm distraught, but keep my calm. Another tree appears.

A. Ok
B. P*****s
C. Where did they go?
D. You did your best

I pick D.

"I'm sure you did your best," I smiled in relief. "For a bunch settlers who can't even plant their own crops." I mentally slap my forehead.

This time the settler looked distraught. "I was told to let you know, sir. I'll mark where they took her on your pip-boy map" She said stiffly.

The settler left. I'm staring at my pip-boy. Beantown Brewery. I select the option to fast travel. Oh, Cait, I think, please be ok.

***

I arrive about a hundred yards from the place. Immediately I crouch stealthily, whipping out my rifle, Reba II. I scope out the situation, noting there's about a dozen or so raiders outside. Cait is probably inside somewhere. My Reba has a silencer on her. That comes in handy as I line up the scope on the closest raider's head and pull the trigger.

One down, I think.

Then I hear a growl behind me. I turn around and there's a Yao Guai coming straight at me! I yell and hit V.A.T.S

V.A.T.S - vault-tec targeting system. Basically it processes information extremely fast, analyzing the critical points on an enemy. It seems to slow time but really just helps my brain process everything at once. That's the best way I can describe it. I target the legs, but the Yao Guai is fast, and I'm at close range with a sniper rifle. It'll only slow it down a little. I hit his legs, turn, and run right for the raiders. They scream as they see me and the gigantic bear descending on them. I run past and dive for cover as the Yao Guai starts shredding raiders up.

I silently watch as they finally kill the Yao Guai, leaving only a couple raiders. I casually walk up to them with my Le Fusil Terribles shotgun and finish them off.

After that, I worked my way through Beantown Brewery, killing raiders as I find them.

Finally I arrive at the main room, sneaking along, invisible with my stealth boy. There looks to be about fifty raiders or so. They're all huddled around a lone figure, lying on the ground. I quickly pull out Reba and look through the scope. My face tightens as I survey the scene.

They have Cait, all right. Her red hair is dirty, and she looks really, really pissed. Ropes are tied all over her body. You can see about an inch of her clothing between each set of ropes. She is in an extremely tight hogtie, and none too pleased about it. It looks like they gagged her very well, er badly.

The leader is standing there, holding a sryinge of….psycho? I can hear them talking.

"Once we shoot her up with psycho, she'll put on a real show." The leader, a legendary raider, grinned.

Cait emphatically shook her head no, but the raider plunged it right into her arm. I watched with bated breath. I certainly heard her this time.

"MMMRRRRGGGGGGGHHPPPPMMMMRRDRGXMRREMGGGGRRRPPPPMMMMPPPHHH!" Cait's muffled screams sounded angry and energetic all at once. The raiders laughed as they watched her buck and writhe in her restraints. I honestly thought she would break them, so greatly did she struggle. The ropes held fast.

Enough is enough, I decided. I pulled out some drugs of my own. Psycho and Jet. Like bacon and ice cream, bad for the heart, but delicious. The jet heightened my senses with an adrenaline rush so great it looked like everyone was moving as slow as snails. The psycho filled me with pure rage, and I felt like I could do way more damage. I whipped out my 5mm mini gun.

"Rraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" I roared in slow motion, my voice sounding extremely deep.

Cait was on the floor, so I didn't worry about her. I mowed everyone of those b******s down. When I ran out of ammo, the only one left standing was the legendary raider. I whipped out my .44 caliber pistol and put one between his eyes. I hurry down to Cait.

She is still in a hogtie, tightly tied. Her cheeks are bulging with the rags the raiders had stuffed in her mouth. A cleave gag had been tied over the rags, then an OTM gag was tied on top of it all. She murmured incessantly, "MMMRRRGGGPPPFGGGFFF!"

A dialogue tree appeared before me.

A. Look good
B. Leave her
C. Why
D. Nice to see you

I pick A.

"Lookin good, baby, I think you should stay like that for awhile." Not exactly what I thought I would say, but hey, she does look good.

"MMMMRRRRFFFFFFGFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRGGGGGGGRRRRRRFF!!!" Cait screamed into her gag.

Boy, it was kinda nice having her voice muffled. Another tree appeared in my mind's eye.

A. I'm sorry
B. More psycho?
C. Shouldn't pick flowers alone
D. Play as Silver Shroud

I pick A.

"I'm sorry, Cait, but I will have to leave you tied up, to teach you a lesson."

"DDFFMGRRMMMBRMGHPMMPRGRST!!" Cait yelled into the gag.

I'm mesmerized by how quiet it keeps her. Once again, another tree

A. Let's go home
B. Wait here
C. Want food?
D. What are you saying?

I pick A.

"Let's go home, Cait. I think you should stay in these ropes, though. It's time someone taught you not to pick flowers on your own. Don't worry, I'll untie your legs."

I'm beginning to like this dialogue tree. For the trip home, I don't fast travel. I make the most out of my time with Cait. By the time we get home, our lover's quarrel is settled.

© 2020 Scott


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on July 5, 2020
Last Updated on July 5, 2020
Tags: fallout, gagged, cait, kidnapped, raiders, humor, rescue