Dream Chaser Chapter Two

Dream Chaser Chapter Two

A Story by Jax

The next morning, I woke up later than usual.  When I looked at my phone to check the time, I realized I hadn’t woken up in terror like I had for months.  Confused but not complaining by any means, I get up and take you outside to go potty and get you your breakfast.  I take off for work and leave you with my new roommate.

When I get home, you come to the door to greet me, and it was like we’d been together for years.  You immediately decided to cuddle with me on the couch, and both roommates told me you hadn’t acted like that with either of them.  We eventually decided to go to bed, and you followed me up the stairs right at my heels.  It usually takes me a long time to fall asleep, but feeling your warm little body leaning against me made me quickly fade into the depths of sleep.  After that, I remember nothing.

The next morning, I wake up extremely confused.  I suddenly don’t feel tired.  And my sheets aren’t wet with sweat from yet another nightmare.  I don’t feel a shred of anxiety or panic.  I look over at you a little suspiciously, because everything stopped when I brought you home.  I don’t know what it is about you being with me, but suddenly all the nightmares have stopped, and I’m finally able to sleep through the night. It’s weird and I don’t understand it, but I choose to just go with it.

© 2022 Jax


Author's Note

Jax
Sorry for taking so long to post a second part. I've struggled with my mental health a lot, but I'm hoping to get back into it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on January 13, 2022
Last Updated on January 13, 2022
Tags: dog, PTSD, nightmares

Author

Jax
Jax

VA



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jax


Dream Chaser Dream Chaser

A Book by Jax