Infinite Clock at 3am

Infinite Clock at 3am

A Poem by Textured
"

Artistic Expression

"
At twenty-four just before twenty-five she realized she had been stolen. She looked back to the times she wondered why she is on what seemed to be a forever mode of auto pilot and wondered if others live the same. Does anyone else experience life the way she does. It didn’t seem that way. She feels absolutely everything around her while others seem to take life itself nonchalantly, always living in the moment, as they call it. But not her, she can still feel what that song made her feel ten years ago, what that smell made her feel three years ago , what that shaft made her feel six years ago . Crazy how life works, crazy how the enemy works. It is hilarious how we as humans walk around thinking the enemy is running after each and every one of us each day. It’s not true. He came to you when you were most impressionable and gave you doses of poison that you personally are allergic to. He knew our allergies before we knew ourselves. He did this with hopes that it would stagger or alter our lives in such a way that we never reach our destiny that the almighty sent us to Earth for. He comes to you at daycare when you’re four years old in the form of a girl or boy, no matter the sex, to make you feel things you’ve never felt before and wake things up that were not yet supposed to live. Sex was born between four and eight, each time having babies of its own. At seven she explored herself, as the enemy watched proudly of his work. A small human child, brain quite partially developed, enjoying the powerful drink from the cup of the most evil one in the universe. She continually drank from that cup in spurts, the boy and the girl from day care no longer existed, but her cousin did. He was in his fourteenth hour she was around the eighth. This was a secret so her mother went ballistic when she kissed a boy on the playground. Claiming it didn’t happen ten times, but at the end of the night, once the girl realized it wouldn’t go away, she told all and immediately took the lashes, vanishing the celebration of the tenth hour. Fast-forwarding to her own fourteenth hour, she earned the big gulp size. Bigger doses, more sugar, just enough to tease. A new girl appeared and she loved the innocent exploration. She no longer had to explore herself, adventure always knocked on her door. Which is why ballistic isn’t a big enough word to the reaction her mother gave to the sexy notes left on her webpage. Had she realized she had never truly known her daughter? The eighteenth hour chimes in , and the finale show is here. Let’s pull up to where small children play and peep through the foggy rectangular window at the white small leather space. Matters stopped that day, rings fell off that day, and a cherry burst that day. A devilish scream and the amount of blood that would make a young girl question if a hospital was necessary. A boy who held so much of her on his index finger for three years had come to a halt. For 1.2 seconds he felt his future self, For 1.2 seconds he realized she held so much gold, but what he hadn’t realized was that he would have to pay one day, he hadn’t realized she would struggle with herself because of it, he hadn’t realized what door he opened for the both of them, and the souls he tied and would later desert like that four year old girl left so close to Hope. He had no idea that the girl he destroyed would one day hold so much forgiveness in her heart for him, because the amount of understanding he had about how deep her love goes for him, amounted to negative two, and it stayed that way for eternity. He found a tough love, she found strength.

© 2020 Textured


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on May 9, 2020
Last Updated on May 9, 2020
Tags: Love, heartbreak, pain, art, time

Author