Sexiled

Sexiled

A Story by SkySeasoning

It must have been that night. The night my step sister witnessed the strike of my mother’s hand against my flesh.

“You can come stay with me for awhile. To take a break from your mother,” she said. “It’ll be okay.”

So I packed up a backpack and we went over her house on Friday. I slept next to her that night, listening to the cars passing by in the street below. For now I was distant from my mother’s anger. From her harsh words cutting into me, from her hands wrapped around me, bruising my heart, scraping my soul. Safe. The word escaped my lips in a soft whisper, like a breath of relief.

The next day her boyfriend came over. While I sat on the couch and watched television, they flirted nonstop with each other in the other room.

“Keep that up and you won’t get any tonight,” I heard her tease him.

Later that day she told me I had to leave.

I said I could sleep on the couch. I wouldn’t be a bother. They wouldn’t even notice I was around.

No. She said. You have to go home.

I called your mother, she said. She’s on her way here.

I gathered my belongings, placed them into my bag, as I prepared myself for the wrath of my mother.

She came silent, cold like the concrete of a statue. In the stillness I could see her thoughts of how to hurt me the worst.

My step sister didn’t even glance my way as I was leaving, for she was too busy flirting with her new found lover.

© 2014 SkySeasoning


Author's Note

SkySeasoning
Please critique kindly.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on September 6, 2014
Last Updated on September 6, 2014
Tags: memoir, teen, abuse, depression, friendship, domestic violence, home, struggle, life, journey, Pittsburgh, parents, mother, adolescent, memory, personal, phsyical abuse

Author

SkySeasoning
SkySeasoning

About
I feel old. Like yellowing pages of a worn novel. But according to the clock, I am quite young. I want to write a story. My story to be specific. This is my place, the home to nestle my thoughts aw.. more..

Writing
Found Found

A Poem by SkySeasoning