Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
BEDTIME STORIES

BEDTIME STORIES

A Story by Seanne Tholltree

I habitually daydream at night; I'm doing it almost a decade and a half, ever since I was a kid. Usually I will just replace the character from the last cartoon show I've watched but as I was growing up, I tend to make my own stories/fictions in my mind. It's like a movie that I also say 'action' at the beginning and a 'cut' whenever I pause. It's also like reading an empty book with which I'm the one who'll provide the story.  At present there's an ongoing story about a fifteen year old Asian who has been adopted by a childless Western couple, there she will experience every adventure with her new found friends that the world has to offer. It comes in horror, comedy, and family and of course love story, actually she's the love interest of her four best friends and some men that will participate in the story later on. Well it's just about an everyday American life that is patterned to me, ah rather my suppressed wishes. Oh, so much for that, I daydream whenever I have free time or when I feel like it, whenever my eyes gaze at the window, but most especially before going to sleep. All I know is that I've already retreated into my world, a world which is I'm the command center, no worries, sorrows just bliss. Maybe my being an excessive daydreamer is the product of being a Piscean but as I get to know myself more I realized why I do it often at night, it's because ever since I was a baby I've never been introduced to bedtime stories like what other kids do. I've never known Cinderella, Snow White and other princesses in the fairy land until my friends told me when I started to go to school. So instead, I'm the one who tell bedtime stories to myself and take note, of billions of people in the world, I'm the first one who will hear it! Amazing isn't it? I also realized that busy mothers can boost a child's imagination and creativity, and no one can stop you from thinking things since your mind is your own.

© 2014 Seanne Tholltree


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is more like the introduction of your story seanne
hope to see the real one
anyway, you've got a brilliant imagination
=]
keep it up

Posted 11 Years Ago


Is this more of a blog/journal/diary note than a story?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good to tell stories to children. I have told my children stories and now I tell stories to my grandchildren. Daydreaming is good sometime. Allow us to escape the world for a while. A very good story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


not was a nice piece of you...i also havent heard any bedtime stories from my mother.but my butler used to do that so i met Cinderella when i was 3..

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2014

Author

Seanne Tholltree
Seanne Tholltree

below the sky suburb down by the river



About
I'm just an ordinary earthling obsessed in controlling my subconscious in order to be extraordinary... hey! my pen name is Seanne Tholltree and my pen name's pen name is SeanneDaisLier, and the hol.. more..

Writing