The difference between Sex and Gender

The difference between Sex and Gender

A Story by Rivaxorus
"

The truth

"
Did you know there was a difference between Sex and Gender? Yeah. Sex is your biological state, female, male, both ect. And your gender is what you prefer to be called. Genderfluid is a way of saying that you can be both male and female at times though your sex always stays the same(unless you get a sex change or something I myself have no idea how sex changes work). And this being said, there are tons of idiotic people in the world who like to make fun of boys and girls who like to be called the other gender. Or even a boy whose gender is a girl dating another girl. Just. Weird man.
I'm Female, both my sex and my Gender. I DO NOT like to be called a guy, I know that seems stupid, but it makes me feel uncomfortable. My girlfriend's Sex is female, but she prefers to be called a guy,  though she doesn't care what I call her. Anyway
Yeah
That's my inquiry
On Sexes and Genders

© 2013 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
Sorry if I somehow offended someone. Pretty sure no one here is a homophobe though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with what you wrote. We all have the right to be who we are, you shouldn't have to pretend who you are. Gender isn't (or shouldn't) be an issue. It's great how you understand from a young age (mind you, we are the same age but still :P) some people, adults as well, just don't understand it fully. You've gave us all a little lesson here, lets hope people actually learn from it.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can see that you are keen oto form an opinion on the subject in an informed way. That you are strong at speaking out firmly against peer prejudices and that you write very well, vey well done, a nice piece!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree with what you wrote. We all have the right to be who we are, you shouldn't have to pretend who you are. Gender isn't (or shouldn't) be an issue. It's great how you understand from a young age (mind you, we are the same age but still :P) some people, adults as well, just don't understand it fully. You've gave us all a little lesson here, lets hope people actually learn from it.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with what you wrote. Everyone has the right to be who they are, and no one has the right to choose for them. I don't care what gender you are, if your happy that is fine by me. Great read.
~Your friend Res

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the idea captured in your writing here,
I understand people are some times sensitive or find there are morals, ethics, and or any number of reasons that someone can't or simply won't view the artistic nature in a given work. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed this work. My only thought and not in any chastization, and as I type this I am smacking myself questioning if I should.
But here it is, I feel your note might detract some from the power of your excellent work. It just strikes me a bit too concerned to me with how others will take it. Not as to say obviously, that one should be belligerent. I just thought as I read it, the closing statements in this were of personal strength and self definition. That said I feel your note in it's wording ever so slightly cuts a piece away from it's otherwise seamless continuity and very much impressive idea and writing scheme.
I hope this is not ill received as I only place it at all because I think this piece to be amazing and worth the thought.
Again I love this piece.
Sincerely
Your Friend
Christopher


Posted 11 Years Ago


Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

It wasn't a piece really, it was a blog/journal entry.
unsavable_soul

11 Years Ago

I know it wasn't as to be described as a poem, but truthfully as I said I found beauty in the idea a.. read more
This piece makes me think of something that's been in the news recently. You describe the ability to be 'genderfluid' as someone who can be both male and female at the same time, unless you have a sex-change operation. This is interesting because there is a transgender man, named Fallon Fox who is an MMA fighter, and he had a sex-change operation when he was in his early 30's and now, fights as a woman in a womans MMA league. This has caused a serious uproar in the MMA community. Cause, if what you are saying is true, then, it would seem that a man preferring to be seen as a woman, who then changes their sex to complete the transformation, would no longer be a transfluid individual. But....and this goes to the argument happening right now, about this Fox person, is that for 30 some years "she" was a man(genderfluid or, not) had the physiology of a man, bone and muscle structure of a man. Now, after having his penis cut off and a series of hormone therapies "she's" allowed to beat up woman in a cage. Gender is like race in that it is insignificant, but confusing. The comedian Don Barris said it best, when he said, "I only believe in one race, and that's the human race the most beautiful race there is."

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, that's powerful. I'm glad that you understand this at such a young age, because a lot of people can't grasp it. Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Appreciate you sharing your thoughts. If people aren't aware of this already, you've certainly educated them and helped them gain knowledge of the real world. Much respect and love, - Kee.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much ^w^
Homophobe...there's a funny word. Does it mean like queer fear? (laughing) I don't know. I couldn't picture myself terrified of David Bowie or Elton John....Freddie Mercury ...maybe...if he had a knife? Definitely. (laughing harder) Do you know that "sex" never meant the sexual act until it was used in that context by D.H. Lawrence? There's a bit of trivia for you. Oscar Wilde would have thought this hilarious. I especially liked "Weird man." Don't worry about offending people. There's far too much idiotic political correctness in the world. It's getting so I can't cuss my cat without getting fur in my mouth. I don't give a furry cat (or rat's) behind whom I offend. "If you have made enemies, that is good. It means that at least once in your life you've stood for SOMETHING." Winston Churchill Of course we shouldn't go about bashing people for their choices of religion or gender but really...if they can't take a poke as a joke they need to lighten up a bit. I'd much rather someone be real to my face than false to my back. I met a black fellow from Georgia once who said the same thing. He was talking about living in New York and dying to get back to Georgia (which surprised me) I said, but what about the bigotry and prejudice? He said, MAN, you got bigots and prejudice EVERYWHERE but up HERE they act like they your "friends". At least down home, you KNOW who your REAL friends are. It made quite the impression on my sensibilities. A person can learn things if they are not constantly being hidden.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

A lot of good quotes come from churchill, My history teacher often puts a different one of them on h.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2013
Last Updated on April 17, 2013

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..