The Joy  I feel

The Joy I feel

A Poem by Rivaxorus

At first I was no one
Sitting in the shadows
Thinking about life
And all its bad things

A friend spoke to me
And reminded me
Of a certain place
I didn't remember

After writing on there
With heart
With soul
A blanket of light began to come down

There was no word
No  imagery
To express how happy
This place was

Now I'm more confident
Outgoing
Cheerful
And feeling joy

That place has cradled me with kind arms
And thankful help
So
Here's a poem for you all

These are my words of gratitude
To show my joy
In a matter of days
I have recovered my youth

Life doesn't seem so horrible now
With my lover
With my friends
With you who encourage me

It's this joy I feel
When writing is accomplished
It's this joy I have
Thank you all
 

© 2013 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
HAVE A THANK YOU NOTE, in the form of a letter ^w^

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is such a touching piece of poetry. I'm glad that you have been able to open up and see the good things in your life that bring you happiness. It's such a powerful thing to see how writing can have such a huge affect on people and their lives. You have a great skill at writing and you should be proud. I hope that you continue feeling happy and this makes me happy that other people were able to have such a positive impact on you. Gives me hope in the world.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I share many of these sentiments. Something beautiful takes place when a person can manipulate the alphabet and conjure up words heavy in emotion and release such great feeling. Keep writing Seimei everytime I read your words I see progress in your work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think it is difficult to see blessings and goodness in life at times, but it's when we are down we should create a list of what is amazing in our lives. Keep it as a reminder for later. Thank you for sharing your piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is an awesome feeling when you become overjoyed and your life is on the right path again.. I am so glad you found that and this is such a touching way to thank all involved.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awwww, this was really sweet and touching. It's good to see your finding happiness!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your emotion conveys well in this poem. "That place has cradled me with kind arms"-beautiful!

Posted 11 Years Ago


How very sweet and heartwarming. I enjoyed this greatly. And I'm happy that you are finding happiness in your life.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dear Seimei,
Surely you must jest, your work being equal too... us being the rest. You are a friend to all, here. Don't be mistaken we need you near. As water to a tree, we also have need. For with out the water, no tree would there be. You bring us hope, you helps us to cope. You bring us fresh flowers when you give us confidence that refuses to cower. Fifteen is hard to see in you, as pristine is how we describe the things you do. You give us knowledge, proving youth mustn't be in bondage. We are so glad you found "there"...
Because here...
for you...
WE ALL CARE...

With great love for the hope you instill for us all.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


unsavable_soul

11 Years Ago

P.s. I too have grown greatly from all here, including you...
Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

qvq thanks
A touching and prcise piece that reads well and leads the reader to get more involved with feeling than wording, well done, good read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


How nice! A sentiment of gratitude, wrapped in a great poem. Writing really does set us free to be ourselves, and it is so wonderful when we can share with like-minded folk! Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is very sweet. I love the idea of a thank you note in this format. I have known someone else this community has touched deeply.
You and your writings are always welcome here and I am happy to read them.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2013
Last Updated on April 18, 2013

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..