Vow of Silence

Vow of Silence

A Poem by Rivaxorus
"

It's difficult

"
The start of the day
I'm ready to go
Supporting gay rights
That's the way to go

I was silent, with tape over my mouth
Until of course
I said one little word
Oh no!

I was silent again, for most of the day
Until last  period
When I was tickled
I told him to stop

Then while watching my favorite show
I spoke against those characters
And now I'm silent again
I taped my mouth shut

I don't know if I can be silent
The rest of the day
But I support gay rights
Either way

© 2013 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
So yeah, eventful day xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Not a dramatic over the top poem with OH Wow's! but definitely a poem i'd love to read for it speaks its own truth and has its own brilliance weaved in it. I support gay rights to even though i'm straight and my aunt in the states is very religious and and converting her family into homophobic mindless zombies I stand to defy her logic and I will always appreciate the human mind and the human ability to choose whoever they love and never to explain or reason out as to why. Love needs no explanation anyone who truly feels it knows it doesn't need to be explained.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Not a dramatic over the top poem with OH Wow's! but definitely a poem i'd love to read for it speaks its own truth and has its own brilliance weaved in it. I support gay rights to even though i'm straight and my aunt in the states is very religious and and converting her family into homophobic mindless zombies I stand to defy her logic and I will always appreciate the human mind and the human ability to choose whoever they love and never to explain or reason out as to why. Love needs no explanation anyone who truly feels it knows it doesn't need to be explained.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think even an attempt at supporting something you agree with is better than never supporting something at all. Love the ease of flow of this poem and the reasons for speaking.. well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Every voice has the right to be heard and others need to hear it! convictions are important. Once you understand for yourself, how you feel on any given subject because you have read about it, studied it, looked at the pros and cons and your belief is true to yourself, shout it out. Don't be like so many that parrot what other people are saying or doing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great job! I hope that the rest of the world will share your same views so that you can rip the metaphorical tape off of your mouth and share your love the same way that everyone else can. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Superb piece. I have no critique only praise for your concept and conveyance. I just watched a video, I believe from the UK house of Parliament it was awesome to me the way that Maurice Williamson conveyed his standing for gay rights I suggest you watch since you support this as I do. here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCDEiaoEP2U

Again love this piece, I support it and you 100%.
With Gay Love,
chris

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well done. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the symbolism of The Day of Silence; in most situations we don't hesitate to say what we feel. Having a whole day without speech really brings to light the psychological trauma of not being able to express yourself, especially about something as vital as who you love. I like how this poem approaches this, showing that it's hard to go without speech, all the situations when it's needed (to defend ourselves, to voice our opinion, etc). I also like the use of short lines, it's a "quiet" poem that befits a quiet day.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Never be silent about human rights. If you cannot speak vocally for some reason, then speak it through your actions, your acceptance, your poetry. A thoughtful write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

Well it was to support gay rights, plenty of people were doing it. But anyway yeah.
Rita L. Sev

11 Years Ago

Yep - but all such debates relate to human rights - and all need a voice
Well it seems to me we all could do with learning this lesson, well done, good read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


In keeping with the personal, you'll always give life to poetry. Not really sure what I can say about this one Abby. Personally, I feel like gay rights are just human rights, but I don't want to start a s**t storm. I have a lot of gay friends and I know that it can be tough, but I also, know that sometimes things that have little to do with sexual preference seem to get treated as an affront to a person's sexual orientation. I think personal boundaries can be explained, without having to segregate people into an 'us and them' mindset. The more accepting we are of each other, the more likely, we find ourselves in a peaceful and respectful environment. What does this have to do with your poem? Structurally, not much, but it did make me think about you and your day, so continue your 'Vow of Silence' if it please you, but I know you have something to say....so say it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

Yeah I made it through a lot of the day, I was happy to have participated for a long time in an even.. read more
Astro

11 Years Ago

Being in a social environment for someone having taken a vow of silence, is like trying not to blink.. read more
Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

Pffft yeah, being alone would be a lot easier. But I'm spending time with my girlfriend and family a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2013
Last Updated on April 19, 2013

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..