Take my soul

Take my soul

A Story by Rivaxorus

Little bird
Its easy to tell what someone is thinking when you've been with them for so long. I didn't know why everything was crumbling apart while I was dying. I wasn't sure why my brother was fighting with me, why my childhood friend was leaving me  behind. There was an empty feeling left in my heart, everyone was leaving me behind again. Just like when I was younger because of what my foster father had done. Everyone was looking at me weird, and here I was asking Edward Elric to talk to. Because there wasn't anyone else I could splurt my words out to.
"Ed, do you think you and your brother would ever get into a fight where you ended up killing each other?" I asked looking at the cloudy sky. The blonde blinked and looked at me.
"Is that what you pulled me out here for?"He asked, the two of us sitting on the porch steps of Winry's house. 
"Mostly, yes. I'm dying so what does it matter to you?" My red eyes focused on the ground in front of me.
"If you really want an answer.....no. Me and my brother may have our scuffles, but he was the only thing I had for a long time. It didn't mean we became distant after getting our bodies back. Why....is this have to do with your brother?" Edward brought my gaze up to him. My clothes fell a bit as I grabbed my coat and pulled it up further before standing. I smiled and looked at the sky.
"It's a siblings quarell over who will take over the throne. We'll find out won't we." I bit my lip, drawing blood as I walked down the steps. I stopped for a few seconds turning to Ed. "I wonder.....how much my brother loves me." I sobbed and started walking down the road. I didn't care where I was headed, mainly the hospital, where Ashlee would be. But then, what would I do with the world. What would the world do to me?
At the time I reached the hospital there was an odd crowd of Lockwood citizens mixed with the others in a circle. It seemed like the clouds had gotten thicker, the scent of blood reached my nose making me uncomfortable as I rushed over to see what was going on. Pushing through the crowd, my eyes opened wide in the horror of it.
"YOU ALL WANT TO BE RULED BY A MONSTER LIKE THIS ONE?" Allen held a knife up to my sons throat.
"BROTHER!" I yelled as loud as I could, standing in the middle  of the circle. My hands shook as I watched him. Hajime wasn't even struggling, he had an insane grin on his face. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I screamed tears running down my face. Allen dragged the knife across Hajime's throat. It bled out smoothly like a river as Allen threw the child out into the crowd. A mix of gasps and screams hit the air as one of the medical teams pulled themselves towards Hajime. 
"I just saved this country." He looked at me. Enraged I got close to him and grabbed him by his shirt collar pulling the taller man down to face me. 
"You......you just killed our father this time." Allen looked at me confused. "DONT PUT YOUR NOSE INTO A SITUATION YOU DIDNT UNDERSTAND!" I threw him away and took a punch with my right hand in his face. Allen stumbled back and held onto his bleeding nose.
"AND HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HUH!?" He screamed at me. Throwing his arm back with pain in his eyes. "You act as if the family curse is only YOUR PROBLEM. ARENT I PART OF THE WALKER FAMILY TOO. I'm JUST AS EFFECTED AS YOU ARE IVY!" He growled. I stood up straight and looked him in the eye.
"You were supposed to know because your my brother Allen. You were the one who chose to take a side and act as if you were still helping. ACT AS IF YOU WANTED TO CONTROL THIS COUNTRY!" I charged Allen as he grabbed me by the shirt and kicked into my stomach. I coughed up black blood and grabbed onto the back of his shirt slamming him into the cement before stumbling to stand up. I coughed up more black blood and covered my mouth with my hand.
"Oh yeah, well your the biggest threat to this country sis." Allen stood up. Edward and Alphonse made their way through the crowd in all the yells and whispers. Ed stood to the side of the circle.
"HEY YOU TWO STOP FIGHTING!" He  yelled. Ed's brother looked a bit confused.
"HE KILLED MY SON!" I pointed at Allen before he started to run off.  I rushed off to follow him, towards the forest in which he entered. After a few minutes we stood in the middle of a wooded area. 
"Now we're away from everything, you can answer my questions." Allen glared at me. I tried to catch my breath as I stood up straight clenching my fists.
"If I answer your questions, will you listen to me?" I asked him.  My brother gave a simple nod in response.
"Why did you hide the curse from me?" He asked me as his hand slipped into his lab coat, and he pulled out a small dagger. Releasing the magic seal on it, it grew to a foot in length. 
"I thought it'd be best to keep you out of it. You have always been the good one out of the family Allen, I was worried.....about everything about you."
"And what about the whole thing with Hajime. I tried to turn a blind eye, but you go spouting out that its our dad?"
"Hajime's soul was affected the most by the curse. Our father tainted half of his soul and cursed him far more then any of the walker family. The blood caused my to have a slave connection with him."
"And now.......what do you want to do."
"I want.....to secure Lockwood's future. I want everyone to be safe while I'm gone. For Hajime, to take over the throne. When I'm gone."  I lowered my head for a moment. As Edward appeared out of the tree's.
"IVY!" Edward called out. As I charged forward in a rage starring at my brother my hand came forward, and the next thing I knew my heart had been pierced, and it started to rain. 
My arms came forward and tried to  grab onto my brothers clothing, he fell with me as we sat on the forest floor, his knife had gone into my body and flesh. My blood was all over the place in a black dark ooze. I began to cry again and squeezed my brother close to me.
"Why, why did it have to be you brother?"
"I wanted to kill you, before the cancer did, there couldn't be anything worse then seeing you on the death bed." His free hand came over to my back as he pressed his forehead into my shoulder. "I wanted to be the one to release you from this dreaded world and all that it has done to you. Forgive me for being selfish, but its just too cruel." I cried into his shoulder. I could feel myself slipping away. It was a mixture of pain, of heat, and of the wetness of the rain hitting my numbing skin. 
"Thank you Allen, Thank you for being there, for doing all you could. I wish.....I wish I hadn't been this weak" I felt my hands drop to the floor. And as  my vision started to go black, I was shrouded in a bright, blinding light. This was the last time......the last time I'd die.

© 2013 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
And then the young prince got his body back(Hajime). He ran away and disappeared. After the aftermath, Allen Walker pronounced Tanner Walker the older brother of Hajime to take over the throne of the world of Lockwood. Central(the place where Ivy was killed) was sold to Lockwood. At Ivy's funeral, all charges against Allen were cleared up and Ivy's death was stated as an accident while doing field work. Ashlee Ivy's childhood friend made a full recovery and now......what happens next, is up to the brother the missing one and the one who is now the leader of the country.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sorry I took so long, Seimei but I have been busy. The complexity of your stories makes it a bit difficult to jump into, although this chapter had plenty of emotion and action to keep the reader interested. Unfortunately, the grammar is in need of a tune-up. Especially during the scene where Allen slices Hajime's throat in front of the crowd. The way you have it written is very confusing to understand who is speaking and why somethings that seem emotional are in small text, but others are in all-caps. Work on grammar, then work some more, because your stories are good. You just have to describe them better. Peace.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I am a bit confused as to all the players in the game and why they do what they do. It does not make a lot of sense to me because of that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rivaxorus

11 Years Ago

I mainly just posted it here to have on handy, it's the death of a character for another site I role.. read more
This starts off interesting, but somewhere near the middle and the end it gets very confusing for me and it feels rushed. Perhaps spreading things out more and giving more explanations and descriptions would help. There are some grammar issues too.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 14, 2013
Last Updated on May 14, 2013

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus