Every day

Every day

A Poem by Rivaxorus
"

What does your heart hold

"
Every day holds a new spark.
Igniting a fire that might blaze.
Blazing high into the day.
Even into the night.
When it gets out of control.
There is always someone there.
To put it out.
Like a comet icing over the planet.
Every night, holds a new ending.
A story book waiting to refresh.
New characters.
New plot. 
When the plot starts to bore.
There is someone there.
To raise it up again.
Like popping popcorn at the fair.
Evening it out, 
there is good and bad.
Balancing it out,
there isn't just one.
Yet every day you make the most of it.

© 2013 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
I'm not quiet sure how this one turned out. It's a little different from what I've been doing, but at least I tried something.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it,
A lot of good ideas and imagery. A little rough perhaps but i really like it.
Sincerely
Christopher
100/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


It is a very good try at something you aren't used to. I found your metaphors unique and thought provoking, using the term icing to describe a comet's path was different. Overall, the message and flow work well though Seimei. Good job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your intent is clear in this piece. It's a nice little write! I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


A solid piece that negates the edge for the reader, well done, good read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the message in this piece, and your metaphors are good. The flow could use a little tweaking, but overall I think this has potential.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the shape of the poem and the message it is trying to convey.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds good, but your use of repetition is quite bizarre, I'm not sure if it's in a good way or a bad way. Consider making each paragraph have every as one of the first words you said, "Every time it gets out of control," instead of, "When it gets out of control," and "Every time the plot starts to bore," instead of, "When the plot starts to bore"? except for the last paragraph I guess, but the last paragraph still has every in it. also you've got a lot of incorrect punctuation that makes a lot of your sentences fragments, but also correct punctuation under the same circumstances which makes it inconsistent. Since you're writing poetry though, you can just take out all punctuation if you want. also consider switching around the second and third paragraphs, so it's like "Every day..." "Every night..." in direct succession. and you could also say "When the plot gets out of control," or switch both of the, "the plot"s with "My life." Still, sounds epic.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You did an excellent job with this one.. love the fire and ice metaphors. I also like the overall theme of "every day" that runs through each stanza.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2013
Last Updated on June 9, 2013

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Untitled 1 Untitled 1

A Poem by anamezic


Deep pockets Deep pockets

A Chapter by TLK