The Sickness

The Sickness

A Story by Rivaxorus
"

It effects us all

"
I can't explain how you contract this disease, or where it came from. But I want you to know, to not be alarmed, once it starts there's no stopping it. You just have to accept it, move on, relax and sit back as it takes its course. Don't worry, it's not painful, I promise. I mean I would know, I went through it. And maybe, maybe I'm writing this to warn you, to warn anyone of this disease that if it alarms you, you will get hurt. Just don't, panic, and you'll be alright. 
It starts, with a soft ringing in your ears. Whether it be at school, at work, or during family dinner time. There will be a soft ringing in your ear. Like the ones when you hurt your head, or when the TV is on with static just scrounging around the screen. As if someone is calling you, but can't reach you. But, don't try to listen, or....they will notice you. 
Next, is the scratching. Not a loud scratching like a dog trying to get into your room. No, it's like rats feet scurrying across the attic, except it's your head. It starts at the right side of your head, wanting entry from the inside out. Wanting you to answer, to scratch your head to notice that it is there. But don't, that's what they want, they want you to go nuts, to go insane with madness. So don't do it.....stay calm. 
The last, are the visions. The vision that break you if you aren't careful. Things you never thought you never see before. Unimaginable horrors, figures, and talking men. Who circle you, want you to notice them as if they are there, even if they aren't there at all. But don't do it, live your every day life as if nothing, nothing at all has happened. 
What if you notice, you ask? Well it's simple....you don't.

© 2014 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
Short horror story I guess. But it sucks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad, does need some developing though. I like the idea of rats feet in your head, gave me the shivers cause i f**king hate rats! One i noticed in the last paragraph was a double negative, didn't seem to be intentional:
"Things you never thought you never (change to would) see before". I think the last paragraph needs a little work, you should talk about the people who havn't been able to ignore it, maybe gauging their eyes out or going insane, to add a horror/gory element.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 20, 2014
Last Updated on February 20, 2014

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus