Lock It revised

Lock It revised

A Story by Rivaxorus
"

a preview of the revised lock it I'm writing

"
It was an odd feeling really, I couldn't help but to feel I had met him somewhere before. Of course in some far away land that was true, but knowing my imagination it wouldn't be a surprise if we had run into each other at a local fair. Yet, what really caught my eye as we sat at the table in the fast food place was the trinket around his neck. The chain was silver, and looked very well taken care of, at the end of the chain where his shirt started was a small locket. Engraved in it was a heart, and there was a latch on one end telling me that it opened somehow. I had this sinking feeling I was missing something about the necklace though, like I was supposed to know something about it but was ignoring it completely. 
"Sam, are you alright?" the boy would ask, bringing my attention back to his face instead of his neck. I smiled sheepishly, pulling my hand behind my head. 
"Yeah I'm fine, sorry, I was just looking at the locket you have on your necklace was all." I told him truthfully, as the blond smiled touching it. 
"It's nice isn't it? It's a keepsake from my sister, it has a picture of her on the inside." he let go of it, showing no signs that he was going to open it and show me, which was understandable. I had simply run into him on the street so he offered to buy me a smoothie as an apology. "Where are my manners I'm sorry, my name is Keelin I just recently moved here with my dad. He wanted me to get more 'social' so he figured a small town along the coast was best." he let his arms return to the table as I sighed. Great, he was another city dweller, but he didn't seem too bad. 
"Well, you already know my name, I've lived her my whole life, it's amazing how I haven't grown any gills yet." I laughed, what a horrible joke. Yet Keelin laughed anyway, probably just to pity me. I stopped laughing as the order was called and Keeling went to fetch the smoothies. This was probably the most uncomfortable feeling I had gotten ever since I found out that my brother had been murdered instead of his death being an accident. 

© 2014 Rivaxorus


Author's Note

Rivaxorus
what do you think? I've been thinking about writing this story for some time! So I figured I'd revise it after it's been so long that I wrote the plot down.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What do I think? I like it. That air of mystery is intriguing. Will there be more?

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
1 Review
Added on July 21, 2014
Last Updated on July 21, 2014

Author

Rivaxorus
Rivaxorus

Apple Valley, CA



About
Hello there my name is Abby Lawless, although I do prefer the nickname Rivaxorus. I'm Seventeen years old and live in California. I love writing, I'm hoping to make a career and live off of working wi.. more..

Writing
Motivation Motivation

A Poem by Rivaxorus