Short Story Collection.

Short Story Collection.

A Story by Selim
"

A collection of short stories that have been sitting on my desk collecting dust over a few years. Nothing serious, just a bunch of ideas. Will edit and put up more ideas if I feel like it.

"
The White Lion

There exists an ancient legend, a legend about a being so old and so majestic that people seem to have forgotten about it. The White Lion.
The White Lion was here before us. Before Earth. Before Universe. Before God. Before Death. Before anything. It was extremely fearful yet gentle, calm and proud. 
This lion is said to have no parents. Why or how it was born, nobody knows. It simply existed. 
The lion had a pure white skin, everything from its heart to its eyes and nails was said to be in white. As the lion walked, a silver road blossomed and white clouds emerged out of thin air in the sky behind the white lion. One string from the lion’s mane is said to make a creature immortal.

/END

Whale Family

After the first generation of mankind went extinct and planet earth was no more, a family of whales existed in the universe as the sole survivors. These whales were giants compared to regular whales. This particular family of whales was actually the royal family of all whales, the kings, princes, princesses and queens. Some people say that whales originated from an old dinosaur branch, but nay. Truth is, when whatever created us created them, these whales were gifted with special powers. The powers to rebuild, restore, resurrect and reconstruct. They were here to give us a second chance.

/END

Battlefield

War is something that has always come to exist in the history of mankind. Truth is, humans love war. Without war there is no humanity. Without humanity there is no war.
Although, there is one war that stands out and is philosophically speaking more meaningful than the other wars that has ever taken place on our beloved earth throughout these long years. It has come to be known as the last war. On this particular day there was something that was born from the ashes of all the fallen ones on the battlefield. This dark and shady looking creature was not bigger than a regular human and it wore something that resembled a large bloody cape. A spiky cape which screamed out the words of the devil, ruler of the underworld. This creature held the souls of all the dead humans who had lost their lives on the battlefield for nothing.  

/END

Sun

The sun is a magical thing. Just like the beautiful sound of music, it lives forever, burning hot in our hearts, forever smiling. It’s what gives us hope and happiness. It is forever smiling towards us all and saying that we should always keep our heads high and hearts open for everything until the day we die where we can finally take our warmth to another place. “- Don’t forget to die with a smile on your face” would be the last thing the sun would whisper in your ear before you pass away.

/END

 
Grandma

In a land far far away. Far from humanity, lived an over aged woman, the big old Grandmother. She was banished from her old country for making a pact with the local spirit. Unfortunately it wasn't just any spirit. It was the Spirit King. The Spirit King is depicted as a giant black eagle. Soaring through the dark sky at nightfall to collect newborn spirits. It is said she made this pact for a valid reason. We shall always wonder what it was. 

/END

© 2013 Selim


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Could you please write battle field as a short story. I think it is a good idea.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
1 Review
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 11, 2013
Tags: short story, short stories

Author

Selim
Selim

Stockholm, Sweden