Why people are named after hurricanes

Why people are named after hurricanes

A Story by Noemi
"

It's a story I wrote 3 weeks after a break-up.

"
The best worst thing that happened to me until now was the fact that I fell in love. I can’t say it was one sided because at that time it felt so real and everything was pure perfection. I haven’t felt that happy for so long, my whole world changed and I finally felt the sun shine in my life as well. 
The thing I didn’t expect that I probably should have is the fact that it all ended suddenly with no plausible reason. I kept on blaming myself for everything that had happened without realizing how hard I fell. Even with the pieces of my broken heart I keep on loving and caring just as hard and I knew I couldn’t move on just in some days. I refused to believe that it actually ended the way it did.

I couldn’t put the blame on the other half, even though, I probably should have. People kept on saying that things will be all right again, I’ll find a better one and that he’s the one that will regret it. Days have passed, weeks and I’m still hurting and regretting the things that I haven’t done when I had the time. I waited too long and time punished me with the worst thing by making the one I love leave like nothing ever happened. The worst thing the Universe did was to give me the love of my life at the wrong time and now I’m left, here, with only the sound of my tears keeping me company and the rainy days that sing me a lullaby of past memories. 
I tried my hardest not to think about him or the things that happened but everywhere I went and everything that I did just reminded me of him. Maybe it was a mistake to take long walks, never letting go of each others hand, kissing at every possible red light and restaurants, watching the night sky together and hugging tighter each passing day. No matter how hard it hurts I still can’t regret them and consider all the things that I did the sweetest mistakes of my life.

To tell the truth I never did expect to get this attached or to love this hard without showing it. I didn’t even realize I was falling, all I can remember is him holding my hand and me thinking how much I’d miss it when I have to let go. How much I loved his hugs that day by day I felt more at home in his arms than anywhere and how I long to be held even after all this time. How much I miss getting morning and good night texts, morning and goodbye kisses. How I miss seeing his face, his smile, his voice, his eyes and his hands. I loved and still love every aspect of his …
 
I remember how he loved all the things that I hate about me and slowly made me love them as well, how I started to gain confidence and believe in my dreams. I remember how we were two reflections into one the only thing that made us different was the way we think, how he is a realist and I’m a dreamer. How at the end I promised him that I will keep him alive because I love writing. How one night he told me that he’s afraid of ever letting go of my hand and how one day he faced his fear and let go of it forever.
The worst part is the fact that I keep on blaming myself and hating most of the things that I loved, how I thought of all the bad habits and how all that happened changed my life. I hate how I keep on daydreaming of the things that happened. I hate how I still hope that things between us will be almost the same. I hate how I feel like I’m the only one that’s still suffering. I hate how I still love him with all the broken peaces. I hate that I’m forever missing him … I hate how I had to learn why people are named after hurricanes, how some would rather die than to live with a broken heart, how I would do the same if I only had the courage. 
He was a hurricane, a beautiful thief, a demon, one that had everything you wished for and made you feel like you were his entire galaxy. And when he left, without saying a word, I realized that the storm had just begun destroying everything that it can touch. I hate how I was warned about all these things and yet I still couldn't stop myself because love gives you hope and hope is the worst drug.

© 2015 Noemi


Author's Note

Noemi
I might have some grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on April 14, 2015
Last Updated on April 14, 2015
Tags: break-up, lost love, missing someone, not moving on, sadness, longing, heartbreak