I like to argue

I like to argue

A Poem by Nobody.

I like to argue.

 

Today, I told an apple that, secretly, I was an orange so she’d dig right through my sweetness, and test my bitter seeds. Of course, when she began chewing my philosophy, it tickled, I laughed and she left sour. It was probably better that way. The truth is that I’m a potato who wishes he were a persimmon. But, if anyone finds that out, I might as well be a discarded raisin on a dirty sidewalk. This is why politics and religion are such sensitive issues. Everybody is trying so hard to be what they’re supposed to be that they mold and decay before they figure out what they actually are. I wish we were all a bunch of grapes that could share the same vine without worrying which was bigger and juicier, and who was white or red. But, those sorts of dreams are better left for pumpkins to carve. See, pumpkins are the masters of psycho-socio-political Ninjutsu. They’re big and bright on the outside, and hollow on the inside. But, I still can’t decide who gets my vote. All of the choices this season seem rotten.

 

So, I’ve decided

 

that I like to argue.   


But, 

please don't tell anyone about the whole "persimmon thing." 

I can't afford that type of exposure.

© 2012 Nobody.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an amazing piece. I love the whole flow and the wordplay, and the mild sarcastic touches brought a smile to my face. All of the choices seem rotten. You left me smiling here man. Great work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

it could be worse , you could be a potato bug ( arguably )



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 30, 2012

Author

Nobody.
Nobody.

TX



About
I am an uglier version of you. more..

Writing
awakening #3 awakening #3

A Poem by Nobody.


awakening #1 awakening #1

A Chapter by Nobody.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~There~ ~There~

A Poem by Robbie~xoxo~