Purple Oasis

Purple Oasis

A Poem by Nobody.

Purple Oasis

I

There are thirteen flat screen TVs on the wall screaming celebrity gossip. Volume vibrates my guts and ignites my gasoline temper. Combustion is a distinct possibility. The fallen angel behind the orange counter has purplish eyes; special effects and deep shadows. She looks like a fancy show dog swimming in the middle of the ocean. She’s lost in here; I’m lost in her.

 

II

I’m shattered and sprinkled like glittery ashes on the altar of her lash-bat and lip-bite. Tonight, after eight, when she’s freed from this cage, we will dance in pure strobe light confusion. Nothing is beautiful, when a toothless mother spanks her toddler in the middle of the electronics aisle; but, I have hope that my parched desert mind will soon sip from a purple oasis. The ugliness fades to a background hum.

 

III

Later, as traffic swarms noisily around my pulsating perception, I ponder exotic flowers and fireworks. I hate driving downtown, but I love watching it go by. Before all the noise and shakiness dies, I hope to explode in a bouquet of soft flesh and dark hair. She steps from the shadows and growls a savage love song with her strut. My temporary salvation wears ox blood combat boots with a mustard yellow sundress. Her legs are tattooed with Koi fish and dragons. She looks like a hell of a heaven. I long to burn in her holy flames.  

© 2011 Nobody.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Taking us on a vivid journey of seedy transgressions again...where does the line start...I've lost my way but I'd love to go on the ride again. Your one-sided mosaic account flashes in this black and white world...giving sparklers to babies. But never fear my friend...one day that toddler will grow up to beat her teeth back in their mum's mouth.

Now...time to make some sense, maybe. This was yet another amazing account of a day in the life of the average, every day "Joe" living life for its true purpose. Connect and possibly reconnect...or just leave it as a one night stand...with smeared purple eyeshadow. Lovely work as always. You always drag us down deep with you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"she looks like a hell of a heaven" indeed. this grouping didn't speak to me as well as most of your shouts do. i don't know, something about the calmness, the sheltered absurdity more than what you usually write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is fantastic. I think I've fallen in love with the line "She looks like a hell of a heaven." The descriptions are superb. Two thumbs up =]

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I long to burn in her holy flames." Brilliant.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
I love the part 3 - sounds wrong - but you get me ha in that poetic way :P - the descriptions come to a crescendo here - it all builds up and bursts in koi carp and dragon tattoos!! nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've been gone a month, and still you have more fresh ideas, words, everything. I pray nothing ever stops you. really cool poem. I expected the zen thing to be going on when I saw it at first, but unless I've forgottern their meaning, order, you've thrown your own spin on it now.

-
'She’s lost in here; I’m lost in her.
II
I’m shattered and sprinkled like glittery ashes on the altar'

'I hate driving downtown, but I love watching it go by.'

'Her legs are tattooed with Koi fish and dragons. She looks like a hell of a heaven. I long to burn in her holy flames.'

You're damn right incredible, you know that? =P

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The twists and turns of this eccentric obsession.
I really enjoy the stories you put together, taking us
on a wild delusional ride with no worries of the
consequences.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great story you told in this poem! I love the3rd section!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really wonderful, I so loved this write. So well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

She sounds perfect! You brought it all to life with vivid color and style.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ah yes , love at first sight ....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2011
Last Updated on March 4, 2011

Author

Nobody.
Nobody.

TX



About
I am an uglier version of you. more..

Writing
awakening #3 awakening #3

A Poem by Nobody.


awakening #1 awakening #1

A Chapter by Nobody.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shaving Shaving

A Poem by Nobody.


Love Poem Love Poem

A Poem by Nobody.


Treasure Treasure

A Poem by Nobody.