The Getaway

The Getaway

A Story by Serge Wlodarski
"

Written for a contest with a 200 word limit...

"

Karg often chooses the young to be hosts.  Regardless of planet or species, children are easier to control. 


Energy beings do not usually inhabit life forms such as humans.  Being surrounded by muscle, bone, and blood mutes Karg’s electromagnetic trail.  That is important.  He is a criminal, and is being pursued.    


He doesn’t know the entity's name.  He assumes it is a policeman or a bounty hunter.  He calls it Dusk, the time of day it prefers to attempt capture.     


Karg searches for inhabited planets with powered transportation.  Makes hiding easier.


He’s learned.  No matter what, Dusk will find him.  He keeps moving.     


On Earth, he’d eaten, drank, danced, and driven a car.  Now, Dusk was near.  


He entered the girl’s mind in the restaurant bathroom, while her father waited outside.  He/she climbed out the window and ran down the beach, to the juncture.  Where Karg would resume his journey.  Dusk will lose his trail, temporarily.  Then, the cycle will continue. 


Karg could sense his pursuer.  No more time.  He exited the girl at the juncture, where the beach met the water.  She froze for a moment, then fell to the ground.  Karg heard her crying then slipped away.

© 2017 Serge Wlodarski


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on March 16, 2017
Last Updated on March 16, 2017

Author

Serge Wlodarski
Serge Wlodarski

About
Just a writer dude. Read it, tell me if you like it or not. Either way is cool. more..

Writing