Platypals

Platypals

A Story by Serif
"

OSAD - A story of unlikely friends

"

There once was a platypus named Jimmy. Jimmy was a kind soul, but he was just a little weird. Being from God’s Deviantart phase, Jimmy the Platypus’s design and weirdness had not earned him any friends. As Jimmy wandered the forest today, he thought of how much he wanted a friend.

As Jimmy wandered the ground, he gazed up to the tall, luscious green trees. They were so pretty, so tall, and the bits of sun poking through the dense leaves resembled little twinkling stars. As he watched the river of trees pass, he noticed something on one of the branches.

“Hello up there!” Jimmy called, “Can you hear me?”

The being on the branch slowly turned and looked down. He, like Jimmy, looked like a kind soul, but just a little weird.

“Hii….there….” the figure said slowly.
“What are you, kind fella?” Jimmy called, “My name is Jimmy, and I am a platypus!”
“I am a…sssssloooooth,” the weird thing answered, “and my name…is……Ssssssammmmmmyyyyyyy.”
“Sammy? What a fine name for a fine sloth!”

Jimmy suddenly thought of how awesome it would be to climb into the trees and hang out with his new pal Sammy.

“Hey! Sammy! Would it be cool with you if I came up there?”

Sammy blinked very slowly at him, his face steadily contorting into a look of confusion.

“Uh….if…you can…get…uuuupppp…here…then sssssuuuuuuuure….”
“Awesome! I’ll be right back, Sammy!”

The excited Jimmy raced off to find a way to climb into the trees. His answered arrived in the form of four tall and skinny legs and a towering shadow. Jimmy gazed upwards and marveled in awe at the tall, yellow figure towering to the trees, it’s amazing neck allowing it to stretch and eat the luscious canopy of leaves above them.

“H-hello!” Jimmy called, “What are you?”
“I’m a giraffe!” the tall animal answered, his words like a whisper to Jimmy.
“Why are you here, great giraffe?”
“Oh, I’ve just come to eat the tops of your trees!” the giraffe replied nonchalantly, filling his mouth with another bite, “It’s been a very nice visit so far! Your trees are lovely!”
“Oh! I actually need to get to the tops of some trees!” Jimmy called, “Could you help me out?”
“Sure! I can help you!”

The giraffe bent his mighty neck down, and Jimmy’s eyes widened as the graceful creature’s gigantic eyes fell upon him. Jimmy clumsily climbed atop the giant’s head, and he was lifted into a rush of fear and euphoria. Barely able to contain himself, Jimmy breathlessly gave the kind giraffe directions to Sammy’s tree.

“Right here!” he said, smiling.

The giraffe pulled up beside Sammy’s branch. Jimmy slowly climbed onto it and rested beside Sammy, whose face was still attempting to become shocked.

“Thanks, Mr. Giraffe!” Jimmy said.
“No problem, friend!” the giraffe replied before walking off into the forest’s depths.

Jimmy turned to Sammy, whose face had finally reached its target expression.

“Hi Sammy!” Jimmy exclaimed, “Do you wanna hang out now?”
“….Sssssssuuuuuuuuurrrrreeeeee….”

And so, Jimmy and Sammy sat in the tall tall tree until sunset. As an even darker darkness than usual descended upon the animals, Jimmy knew it was getting to be time for bed. He yawned loudly.

“Well, Sammy, it’s been a great joy conversing with you today,” Jimmy said, smiling, “We must do this again sometime!”
“I…agreeeeeee,” Sammy replied, his mouth slowly stretching into a grin.
“Well, I must be off now. Ta ta, Sammy!”

Jimmy turned to go home, only he was forced to stop. He gazed out to the trees, then slowly looked down to the ground, which was very very very far below him.

“….S**t,” he said.

He looked to Sammy, whose smile had already managed to fade.

“…..Ssssssshhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiitttttt…..”

© 2015 Serif


Author's Note

Serif
This one's more of a "just for fun" piece but feel free to critique~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on December 22, 2015
Last Updated on December 22, 2015
Tags: platypus, jimmy, sammy, sloth, osad

Author

Serif
Serif

CT



About
My name is Serif. Throughout the year of 2015, I've done a "One Story a Day" challenge. This is where I'll be uploading the more noteworthy ones. I will continue the challenge in 2016 and beyond, b.. more..

Writing
Nothing Nothing

A Story by Serif


Flower Garden Flower Garden

A Story by Serif


Not a Word Not a Word

A Story by Serif