With You

With You

A Story by ShadowHaze

"Oh my god! Finally off the stupid plane! Ok, where are you?" I walked towards the place where the bags are returned. I didn't know what it was called, so I usually called it the bag-return thingy.
 
"Uh, at the bag return area." He paused. "I think I'm in the right spot."
 
I laughed loudly, making several people around me fall silent. 'Sorry!' I mouthed to them, before saying, "Let's hope."
 
Suddenly realization hit me, and I stopped walking. My head was spinning, and my voice sounded far away, "You don't have to drive me to your house... I think I have enough cash to buy a rental..." Surprisingly, my voice was steady.
 
He laughed, "But I'm already here."
 
"True..." I felt tears press against my eyes, but I swallowed and walked on. Suddenly, he hung up on me and I sighed with relief. At least I have a little time.
 
I was still dizzy, but my footfalls were strong, so I didn't worry too much about that. What was I going to do when I saw him? Or say? Or think?!
 
I looked up, everything out of focus, and saw the the bags were already being released. I only had a small suitcase, since I didn't have that many possesions when I left home.
 
I saw my bag, and rushed forward to grab it. Glancing around quickly, I froze. My heart danced in my chest and it was hard to breath for a moment as I stared open-mouthed at the semi-God in front of me.
 
Dark brown hair fell into beautiful light blue eyes. He had a casual look around him, and he was the most gorgeous person I had ever seen in my miserable nineteen years of life.
 
My fears and worries that had taunted me on the plane ride flashed in front of my eyes. I was nothing compared to him. He would think I was a terrible excuse for a girl. He would tell me he didn't love my anymore... My eyesight went blurry as I thought that. More thoughts continued on though, even though I tried hard to push them away. He would tell me to get back on the plane and never think or say anything to him or about him, ever again.
 
He turned then and looked directly at me. I felt my neck and face burn, as I finally stood up. I gripped my bag tightly, my knuckles snow white against the black.
 
I felt myself get slowly redder as I watched him stare at me. I let my hair slide a curtian between us, as I "checked' my bag to make sure it was really mine.
 
Stupidly, I had ducked so half my head was under a counter, so when his soft voice spoek behind me, I slammed my head against the metal. Pain shot through my head, and everything was shown in two's and three's. My eyes began to water, but I was still able to see the God that stood in front of me. He looked even more beautiful up close...
 
"You ok?" Bryan asked.
 
"Yeah," I choked out, but then sat down and held the back of my head with both hands. Pain was radiating throughout my head.
 
After most of the pain had left, I looked up to see him still standing there.
 
I waited, terrified. Waiting for him to cast me away like a shiny new toy, that got boring to play with.
 
I got up slowly, when he didn't say anything. I waited for him to speak, but he didn't.
 
"Hi," I breathed.
 
He opened his mouth, but no sound came out. I knew it. He was thinking how hidieous I was, and how stupid I was for slamming my head against the counter. He's gonna tell me to go away, and never think about him again...
 
I switched the bag from one hand to the other, uncomfortably. He lurched forward unexpectdedly, and tried to take my bag.
 
"Thanks," I smiled weakly, "But your not taking it. It's not your job to carry my stuff around."
 
"But you've been carrying it around everywhere. Take a break, for once at least." he said.
 
I rolled my eyes, "Fine, whatever."
 
He laughed as I let go, and stood back with my arms crossed, "If you were anyone else, I would not let you take my bag..." I growled.
 
"That's why I'm not anyone else," Bryan grinned.
 
I rolled my eyes again, but couldn't help laughing. "Of course your not. Your more then that."
 
We were silent as we walked, and so I didn't have anything to distract my from my worries, or the fact that he was inches away from me...
 
"Am I that boring?" he asked suddenly.
 
"Huh?" I was pulled out of my thoughts harshly.
 
He laughed and said again, "I asked, am I that boring?"
 
"No!" I exclaimed. "No! If anyone's boring, its me." We stepped into the elevator and Bryan pressed 'level four'.
 
"Nah..." He said, "I just can't think of anything to say."
 
I giggled, "Me neither."
 
"Uh oh... Your creepy laugh..."
 
I pretended to look hurt, "That wasn't a creepy laugh..."
 
"Suuurree..."
 
I rolled my eyes again. The eleveator stopped and I stepped forward without thinking. Bryan had stepped forward too, and somehow, I landed on my back with him on top of me.
 
His face was inches from mine, and a voice screamed in my head to just reach up and kiss him. Just do it already!
 
But before I could do anything, he was coming closer to me, even though my head was still firmly on the ground.
 
Our lips met, and in that few seconds, I was lost in another world. My arms had found their way around his neck, and I was pressing tightly to him.
 
He pulled away too soon, and I whispered, "No, don't..."
 
He laughed softly, and put his hand under my chin and touched my lips with his thumb. After a moment of staring in my eyes he whispered, "Later."
 
He got up and held out his hand to me. I took it, and didn't let go, even when I was on my feet.
 
He squeezed my hand lightly, and led me on.
 
"Are you sure you still want to carry my bag?" I struggled with the words. I was still really dizzy.
 
"I'm sure," he laughed weakly. We got to the car, and he shoved my bag in the back seat.
 
"You wanna drive?" Bryan asked me.
 
"Nah.. I'd get distracted."
 
He laughed, "Understandable."
 
I grinned at him and slid into the car, slipping my shoes off.
 
"It's so freaking hot in this car!" I groaned.
 
"Not my fault. I've been here an hour."
 
I rolled my eyes, "Excuses."
 
"I have been. I got impatient and had to do something."
 
"Ahh... I'm not worth it..." I said, glancing down at my lap.
 
"Yeah you are..." he whispered.
 
"No I'm not..."
 
"Look at me." His voice was harsh. I looked up determindly. But no matter how determind someone could ever be, they would hesitate under the look he was giving me. "Yes, you are. Your worth more then life itself."
 
"Huh..." I said, looking out the window.
 
"What are you thinking?" I asked after a moment.
 
He glanced at me in surprise, "I dunno..."
 
"You still can't lie very well..."
 
He laughed weakly and asked, "Well, what are you thinking..."
 
"A few things..." I knew better then to argue.
 
"Tell me at least one."
 
"Well..." I hesitated, my heart pounding. "I'm thinking about how much I love you..." my voice had slowly gone to a whisper.
 
He didn't say anything for several mintues. "I love you too."
 
I rested my head against the window, as tears trickled down my face and onto my lap.
 
His hand touched my face tenderly, and wiped the tears away, "Don't cry..."
 
"It's not cause I'm sad..."
 
He left his hand on my face and I leaned against it softly.
 
"I keep thinking that your just a dream, or you'll leave me at any moment..." he whispered suddenly.
 
"My dreams are nothing compared to reality anymore. And if this is a dream... I can't wait for reality..." I paused as he turned off the highway.  "I'll never leave you... Not on purpose."
 
"And I'll never leave you..."
 
We were silent for the rest of the drive. When we stopped, I grabbed my bag before he could even think about getting it. He laughed and I grinned at him. He opened the door and I slipped into the house, not really looking at my surroundings.
 
"Where do I put it?" I nodded towards the bag in my hand.
 
"My room, if you want," he pointed to a door to the left.
 
Walking in, I saw a small bed, a dresser, cell phone, lamp, and a T.V.
 
I set my bag down beside the dresser, turned and fell onto Bryan. We both fell back onto the bed.
 
"Oh! Sorry! I'm such a klutz..." I tried getting up, but Bryan had wrapped his arms around my waist, so I wasn't able to get up at all.
 
"Hmm... I thought maybe right now would be later..." he said casually.
 
I laughed a little and smiled at him, then I was lost again, as I kissed him softly.

© 2009 ShadowHaze


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was cute. Simple and sweet. Great work =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked this, it sounds a lot like the other one I read. but different endings.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a lovely story! I loved it! It was so cute! Great details and descriptions! I really enjoyed reading it! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2009
Last Updated on August 19, 2009

Author

ShadowHaze
ShadowHaze

Lexington, NC



About
Don't click here! I'm human. I'm living. I can walk. I eat, and breath and stuff. Lol, sorry but there's not much about me... Hmm... I'm a girl.. 12 years old! .. more..

Writing
Running Running

A Book by ShadowHaze


1 1

A Chapter by ShadowHaze


My Chose My Chose

A Story by ShadowHaze



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..