Blind Fragility

Blind Fragility

A Story by BodilessSoul
"

A blind girl with a weak heart is coming towards the end of her life steadfastly and she clings hopelessly to the only one she ever wanted to see.

"

"You came," she breathed, her heart beating hard and fast as a draining feeling overcame her.  Slowly, she became cold.  The chill started at her fingers, slithering through her veins and heading towards her broken heart with driven force.

Her ice cold fingers drifted upwards to wrap around a face, a face she could not see through the darkness; oh how very dark it was.  His intake was raggid, as if he were suffering too.  She wondered whether he was in pain; she could not tell through the black night that clouded her eyes.

"Of course I came," his heavenly voice filled her ears.  Her hearing was one of the very few senses left for her to enjoy and she smiled in bliss at the sound of his voice.  The beeping of a near machine was an ever constant reminder of her seconds passing away, an unwanted noise that disrupted their bittersweet reunion.

His hand wrapped around hers, his skin rough against her dainty, fragile hands.  He feared that touching her would cause her to wither further, slowly falling apart beneath him and so, his hands were gentle.  She frowned, wanting him to grasp her hand with force, hoping that maybe by his fierce grip would hold her heart together for a while longer and keep her above the approaching ice.

She lay there and he stood there, silent.  She hated the silence, it deprived her of her last slice of feeling, the one sense that never failed her.  Suddenly, she heard a sob.

Her fingers gingerly wandered across his cheek, tracing the tracks made by his tears.  The emotional overpour ran down his face and dropped onto her cheek with a sickeningly hollow "plunk".  She closed her useless, dumb eyes as her fingers tried to wipe away the traces of his sadness and then find their way to his lips. 

"My only wish is to see you," she muttered, a wave of regret and frustration tumbling over her and adding to the turmoil of invading feelings.  He remained silent, causing her to become edgy.  Slowly his hand tightened around hers, pressing it firmly to his face, the tears that continued to flow starting to run over her fingers. 

The warmth of his tears clashed against the cold of her hands.

"Open your eyes then," he said clearly, the ring of his voice like medicine to her wounds; they temporarily numbed the pain.  She shook her head, it was futile to follow his suggestion.

"It's useless," she muttered.  He put his free hand against her face, cupping it. 

"Please," he whispered, his voice breaking as the beeps from the machine slowed.

The cold was trinkling into her overworked heart.

She sighed and opened her eyes, seeing complete darkness.  Her siezed hand moved across his face, tracing his features as he took control of her feeble hand.

"My voice... can you see it taking shape?" He whispered as he continued to manuever her hand.  Her mouth fell open as a silluete began to take form in her retina, an illusion but she grasped to it as tightly as he held her hand.

"You don't need to see me with your eyes to know what I look like, who I am," he murmured as he stopped her fingers atop his lips.  She stared, the shape beginning to take on a face, a foggy resemblance to him but just enough for her.  Her dumb eyes overflowed with tears, both joy and sadness overriding everything else at battle in her body.  He lowered his face to hers, landing a gentle and tender kiss onto her lips.  Her hands, so feeble before, grasped his hair and pulled him closer.  He gave no resistance to her forceful pull and the kiss turned passionate, sending jolts of want through her;

A want to live, a want to kiss him forever consumed her death-accepting body... but life is cruel, her hands were weak and soon they loosened their grip on his hair - on him.  They both heard as the beeping, that ever present and hauntly sound that reminded them both of her fate, slowed dramatically.  Her breathing, so hard and fast before was quickly becoming dull and slow. 

He kissed her forehead, fresh tears coming to his eyes as he accepted what would come.  He grabbed her hand, holding it tightly to his chest.  She smiled, her face paling and cold to the touch as he raised her hand to his cheeks, letting her cling onto the face she held dear.  Her fingers were freezing, causing chills to course through him but he didn't care; he didn't dare let her go.

"I love you," she sighed as the beeping finally faded away from her ears, the only resignating sound in her mind being his voice as he whispered, "I love you".  The warm words formed another image of him in her mind and it lingered there.  She drifted silently and happily towards the sight of him, leaving this darkened world. 

© 2009 BodilessSoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on March 25, 2009

Author

BodilessSoul
BodilessSoul

LarlarLand, FL



About
Hello All! I am an aspired writer but I don't think I'm that great. I have many ideas but I have a lot to learn about techniques and all that jazz! I love literature and also acting. I love theatr.. more..

Writing