The Ring

The Ring

A Story by Shaly Laevulins
"

Random blurb based on the prompt "Write about a piece of jewelry. Who does it belong to?"

"
It’s not my style, or even my size. It is actually large enough to fit over my claddagh ring with ease. The blue stone is too light for my liking and the silver is sharp with the details of the ship all included. The hero's Turbine lays underneath the puddle of blue, too light to resemble my sapphires, but it fits him as perfectly as his hand in mine. The time has not yet come for him to wear it, but he’s not as superstitious as I am. The way the world is today, I pray to whatever gods will listen for any guidance and hope. Hope that a time will come that he may wear his ring with the recognition it deserves. This week his ring resides with me to clean and care for with the same compassion I give him. Though ring’s don’t fit his style, the two he has represent him well. Simple but recognizable like who he is, and nothing less. Some day will come and I will have a ring of my own, but we’re not yet ready for someday. Just as we have the stages of our relationship, I have my sapphires for each one. In time, we shall each have a ring to bring together with one another, just as we did so long ago.

© 2020 Shaly Laevulins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on October 7, 2020
Last Updated on October 7, 2020

Author

Shaly Laevulins
Shaly Laevulins

About
I'm a lover of reading, writing, and most things strange. more..

Writing