Lovers are Made Backstage

Lovers are Made Backstage

A Story by Shane Rendon

I remember sitting backstage in an ill lit autatorium, when a girl I barly knew laid her head against my shoulder. Comfort? I wasn't sure, but I had no desire to move her, or myself. The play was still going on, and I was waiting for my que. I was fumbling through my memorey for the lines, when suddenly they didn't matter. All that mattered was this girl, I could feel her breath, her heart beat. The beats stayed steady as my shoulder quickly became my chest. Comfort? My cue was called, and I stumbled on stage, my heart racing. I could feal sweat steadily beading through the mask of make-up my drama teacher had so generously aplied to my face. I was alone onstage. Comfort? Sure. I was always comfortable on stage, but this time all I could think about was the girl. My usualy comfort was replaced by the kind of angsiety that stumps a school boy at a spelling bee. Fortunatly I was proforming for children, and I was playing the part of a wiesle, so naturaly the proformance was briliant through thier eyes. My monolonge was done, and I was more nervouse about going off-stage than I was about going on. Upon my exit through the wings, I was faceing back-stage, and the dim light of the ilipsoitles reflected of the bright eyes of a siloet sitting in the shaddows. The Girl. I sat back down in the very spot I left from, and leaned my back against the wall. This time the girl didn't aproche me. She was sitting with her a*s against my own, but she didn't move. I was confused. Was the incounter befor my exit just conjured up. My next cue was called, and I returned to the stage, all while wondering what was going on in my little teenaaaged mind. I returned to the wings. This time I sat in front of the girl, facing her. Mabey this way I could show I was interested without being obvious. I sat there. Not a word was said, nor move made. I could see her face in the dull green light luminating from the stage. Untill that moment I had never realized how beautiful this girl actualy was. She was smiling at me. "Oh s**t, am I staring at her". To this day I stll don't know, but it didn't matter I guess, because she was smiling... at me. Still no move was made. I could still see her face looking back at my own when suddenly "BLACKOUT". There I was, seamingly alone in the dark. Every thing was quiet. At this point I knew I had to do something to gain back the comfort I though we shared before. I was going to kiss her. I couldn't see any thing, but I planned to emprovise if something went wrong. A brief second of mustering up the balls to do it, and I began slowly moving toward her, lips armed and ready, but something happened that I never would have expected. Half way to her, our lips met. She was leaning in too, with the same intent. Our lips barley rested against each others and we both stoped. Shock. All in one moment every emotion I'd ever felt raced through my blood like a hourse in the cantuckey durby that realy realy had to piss. For a second that felt like eternity, we sat there with our lips resting against eachothers lips. Then, we separated the light raised again. Not a word was said, nor move made. These are the momments we live for.  Don't take them for granted. Charish them, because they're gone as soon as they happen.

© 2008 Shane Rendon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on July 30, 2008