Thank you Writers Cafe and Friends

Thank you Writers Cafe and Friends

A Poem by sharonlee







Strange how the human psyche works... something happens - a few days of pain or emotional turmoil, some local drama or global chaos and there's that little voice inside saying "why do we bother? Let's just ignore the world,  pick up a book and lose ourselves in someone else's story, or stare at that mark high on the wall and wonder how it came to be there and if it will grow..."

Forget the fond and familiar places we venture to for comfort and company and a sense of community and our place in time... because it's all so very fragile and we know that eventually something will happen, be it a few days of pain or emotional turmoil or drama or chaos, to bring us to our knees again.

Thank you Writers Cafe and Friends,  for always being here...
... I have indeed missed you.

If anyone has a poem or story in particular they would like me to read feel welcome to bring it to my attention... in the meantime I will do my best to catch up.

Sharonlee


© 2021 sharonlee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was an interesting moment to pause within.

Posted 4 Months Ago


Amazingly, it was a book which woke her from her self-imposed languor... a story so steeped in poetic language that it sang to her spirit... a story so rich and deep in magic and metaphors and bees and worlds within worlds, that she no longer felt the desire to sleepwalk through her own story.


Posted 2 Years Ago


Yeah!!!! Sharonlee is back.... you, your words, your art, YOU are needed here and in the world.... YEAH!!!! SHARONLEE IS BACK!!!

Posted 2 Years Ago


sharonlee

2 Years Ago

I appreciate you dear friend and your enthusiasm, thank you so much xx
Believe me, dear friend, YOU have been missed.. as have your inspiring words and extraordinary artwork.
Welcome back to what might be called your second home. (Sharonlee)

Posted 2 Years Ago


sharonlee

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much dearheart, I missed you as well and thought of other, when sitting in wintersun on.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 3, 2021
Last Updated on September 3, 2021

Author

sharonlee
sharonlee

Central Queensland, Australia



Writing
Art Art

A Poem by sharonlee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..