Humble Me

Humble Me

A Story by Shaunyaboi

Everything is a challenge. No matter what you come across, a defense is always there to make you back down. My name is Shaun and I have come from a lot of heartbreak, hate, and love. It just matters on what you put your faith and heart into to push you to your limits.

I have been really depressed and scared this past year. One reason is that I depended on everything that didn’t really help me, such as drugs, sex, and hate. I didn’t have anything to care about in the world, and honestly I wasn’t looking for it.

Seeing my dad pass away from drugs when I was young tore apart my life from an early age, and I thought that was the path that I had to go down. That was a stupid thought. I decided I needed to find a change but I figured that to get there I had to go to the lowest stable part of my mind. I just stopped enjoying life and just focused on the negative. I figured out fast and still wasted away everything. I wanted out of this life desperately cause I was too focused on trying and believing that I wasn’t worth anything. Nothing made sense to me, but at the same time made perfect sense.

I realized how much I needed to find a spiritual guide. I didn’t find God, He found me… In the midst of everything. I have something that I can believe in and walk though this life without being scared of nothing. He has made me believe in myself and have a better piece of mind. That is my definition of being Humbled.

© 2011 Shaunyaboi


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on December 20, 2011
Last Updated on December 20, 2011

Author

Shaunyaboi
Shaunyaboi

Nashville, TN



About
my name is Shaun, I am a 19 year old originally from Detroit, Michigan. I love writing because it helps me get things off of my mind and express myself in a positive way. more..

Writing
She She

A Poem by Shaunyaboi