Something To Hear

Something To Hear

A Story by Pimby The Poet
"

A man down on his luck with one chance to get it right, will he be able to do it? Read to find out.

"

A young man was walking down the street, walking to his fifth job interview this week. The whole week was going bad, one day after the next. Each time he get a job interview he would walk in and they would take one look at him, write him off. He could tell by the look in their eyes. His clothes weren't the best but he was very skilled. He graduated from college but after getting his masters and passing the bar he was now able to do what he loved, be a lawyer but what he hadn't expected was things to go south.

 

He was a big time lawyer, everyone wanted him on their team. He was the most valued asset at his company. He made it to the top in just two short years after graduating. The youngest lawyer to make in the business they said but now he was more like the plague. All because of one stupid mistake that was made that wasn't his even though he took the fall, unwilling I might add. He went over in his head the scenarios that lead up to that day, seeing what he could of done differently. He thought "Nothing, I couldn't of done nothing." What I was dealt I played the best I could and even though I ended up losing the game though I guess I was really the winner in the end. He reassured himself.

 

He was the lawyer of the owner of the company he worked for. He was the best and the owner needed the best. It seemed the owner was doing things the wrong way. And when the owner was exposed he denied it and said it was his lawyers fault. All the while the young man wouldn't of went with it if the owner didn't say he was going to get him out this, he promised. Promises are easily broken now and days. After the young lawyer suffered for what he didn't do and wasn't "got out of" the situation by the owner of the law firm, the man was angry and wanted revenge. 

 

The young man walked down the street that lead to the law firm and as he was walking he passed this man. He was handing out flyers. Of course the young man passed him not wanting no one to distract him for what he felt he must do. As the young man passed the man handing out flyers grabbed his arm and all he said was "God says it is not worth it." The young man shook him off his arm and walked away. "He is crazy." He thought to himself. Walking up to the building he looked at those doors he passed through so many times and as he was about to enter, these words echoed in his head "Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. [Romans 12:9]." The young man was shocked by what had went through his mind. 

 

He stood there for a second wondering if he had heard what he just heard. "Yes." echoed his mind. He knew this was not his own voice in his head but another. Now I am going crazy, thought the young man. "You are not going crazy but hearing the words the of the Lord. Listen to me and take not revenge in your own hands." The young man fell to his knees and cried the sky "But why he has done me wrong!" "Love him even harder for that." "It... It makes no sense." "He will go on day to day not caring what he did to you but will hold a burden that is not meant for you. So love him and give it to me, the pain and hatred." "I... I will try."

 

And that is how the young man ended up today trying for a job, interview after interview but no one willing to give him a try because they thought he is no good but God believes in him. He walked into the room, ready for his interview. Though he wasn't the best dressed he was well prepared to give a speech about his changed life and given a chance he could show it. This person listened only because of God. Now he is a world known lawyer again.

© 2015 Pimby The Poet


Author's Note

Pimby The Poet
This piece is something I wrote a long time ago. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on October 30, 2015
Last Updated on October 30, 2015

Author

Pimby The Poet
Pimby The Poet

NA , MO



About
You're life is what you make it but be passionate about it, remember you made the decisions. more..

Writing