Kiss in the Rain.

Kiss in the Rain.

A Story by She_Saw_Stars

I am waiting, it is raining (Hmm...we've been here before!). I hold my umbrella up to shield myself from the lightly falling rain and look up to the window to see if I can see his lovely face peering out. Instead, I see him walking down the steps towards me. He smiles, dips his head under my umbrella and gently kisses my lips.

We walk up the street and under the bridge, his impending departure weighing heavy upon my heart. (Cheesy, right?).

We witnessed, yet again, extreme disappointment, a feeling we are both used to now but there is no-one else I would rather have witnessed it with. I felt proud that I was standing with him, seeing his face light up when the noise began; so loud we could barely hear each other speak.

The evening was magical, despite the bitter familar feeling of disappointment.

His arms encircle my waist and he pulls me closer to him. I wrap my arms over his shoulders and squeeze, not wanting to pull away. But eventually we have to, and with a lingering kiss he walks away.

I quickly turn around, grab my iPod from my pocket and walk back to reality.

© 2009 She_Saw_Stars


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

113 Views
Added on May 19, 2009