The Fall and the Rise

The Fall and the Rise

A Story by sheandherself
"

Something very strange is happening. Will it have any impact?

"
Society was rotten. People got uglier inside and out, soaked in endless negativity. Everything was dirty, blurry, no scenery that wouldn't make you want to vomit in sight. And they knew it. I think that even added to the mindset. Everything was doomed, everyone knew it, yet they chose not to do anything.
So the Earth decided to. From screens and displays one message was clear - this it, the end. Not only earthquake was expected, any catastrophe you can think of was. All in one day. So, the chaos began. Screaming echoed through the masses of running people with no certain direction. Some were to find their missing children, other just gave up to the madness. As the expected last day kept coming closer and closer, situation seemed worse. Guilt, fear, anxiety and helplessness choked humanity.
The supposedly last day came. No one was ready, but the expected did not happen. Instead, there was silence. The Sun, electricity, any sound disappeared. It was cold. Women hugged themselves and their families, looking around along with men. No one knew what was about to come, the silence grew more and more horrifying every second. This was the apocalypse, the death -  the suspense itself.
Moments later, the Sun showed up again, bringing light back. The shocking factor was that it wasn't alone. There were three Suns, and stars, more than ever seen, let alone on a bright day.
Citizens shook their head, exhaled soundly, and continued to go on with their lives as if nothing happened. As if what happened above their angry heads didn't mean anything, they didn't care.

© 2017 sheandherself


Author's Note

sheandherself
Okay, this is basically a written version of a dream I had - didn't want to stretch it too far for "original" Try think about the message.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on July 9, 2017
Last Updated on July 9, 2017
Tags: Apocalyptic, dream, hope, fear

Author

sheandherself
sheandherself

Brno, Czech Republic



About
Take my hand, let's trip to another dimension. Mostly poetry. 🦂 ♏ Made in Czech Rep/ English isn't my mother language ok pls be gentle DO NOT send me a friend request until we've c.. more..

Writing