A Twilight Rain

A Twilight Rain

A Story by Jason Grey
"

When did we forget the rain?

"

It was nearing twilight, and the sky was turning purple as I left the house. A silver moon  slowly rose to meet me. Only a sliver of its soft radiance shone above a chorus of dark clouds. Tonight, I knew, it would rain. My bare feet, prodded by the cobblestone path, carried me away from my porch to the edge of a field I once knew. The wooden fence, then standing tall uniformly guarding the field, now bends, meandering lazily across the grass. A swell of wind, cool and welcoming whispers, asking me to follow. Over the fence, the bristling of grass calls out my name. Guided by the moon, now carried high by a multitude of stars, I find my place atop a gentle hill to wait. The clouds roll closer, a rumble of thunder shakes my bones, a flash of lightning captures my heart, and I knew tonight, I too would know the rain.

© 2009 Jason Grey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on January 24, 2009

Author

Jason Grey
Jason Grey

About
I'm a eighteen year old dreamer who's favorite word is quixotic. If I could invite five people to lunch I would invite Kurt Vonnegut, Matsuo Basho, Serj Tankian, Terry Pratchett, and Banksy. I reside .. more..

Writing
Stubborn Stubborn

A Poem by Jason Grey