That Beautiful Middle Window

That Beautiful Middle Window

A Story by Sherwette

For years, I had that window structured; structured in the middle, at the center, right in the heart of the whole world. It was beautiful, full of life. I could hear the sound of the laughter the serenity all without a cry.
Day after day, I watched through that window. I stop, stare and dream. It had that escapee image until one day came a stranger to this town. I met him; he was thrown away by the beauty he has never seen and asked about that little garden right around the corner.  I didn’t get it. What was he talking about? I have never seen it before. He told me you are missing much missing it.
I dug another window through my wall, right around the corner, to see that garden the stranger has told me about. I saw it. I missed so much. I told myself. I have missed so much all these years I haven’t been looking at that splendid sight right around the corner. I decided I am going to dig more windows, in every corner around the house. I dug. Each day, I had a new window. I saw a new face and each time there was something more that I have been missing.
I haven’t realized that for all those years, I have been imprisoned by all those walls around that single window, that beautifully perfect centered window. I climbed the stairs; I went to the roof to reach for the sky to see the whole world without a single wall. 

© 2011 Sherwette


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh this was a great idea. You have made me see something new and you are so right! We learn something new every day. A simple message in your story but wow life changing in outlook. Thankyou.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Added on October 28, 2011
Last Updated on October 28, 2011

Author

Sherwette
Sherwette

Cairo, Egypt



About
I am a writer writing my own first novel now and always looking for constructive criticism. I will write anything you name it articles, short stories, songs and whatever I feel like expressing to insp.. more..

Writing