And Samson Kept the Sunlight

And Samson Kept the Sunlight

A Story by Sunny

I closed my eyes as I tried to block out the burning in my arms, which were tied above my head. I tried not to think about what might be coming next, only bracing myself. Then I felt heat emmitting from the dark tunnel ahead of me. S**t. This is the end of the road. The guards lifted the rope higher, pulling me off the ground entierly. Just a few more steps and it will be all over. Life, the torture, the pain, everything. I opened my eyes again, jut to see flames. Really, this is how I go? Burned to death. They turned me to face them. Asked me if I had last words. Tell them. Tell them about the treasure! They will keep you alive! The heat rises as they ask you again, any last words. No. My life is not as important as keeping that treasure a secret. You tell them you have no last words. Very well, they walk you to the center of the field, where you are bound to a stake. They light the ground in a circle around your mangled body and let the flames close in. I take a deep breath and smile. You did it! Your skin starts to melt. You kept them safe! You feel your flesh roasting. They can be happy now! Your eyeballs burst. I can be happy now! The fire seeps through your mouth, nose, and empty eye sockets and you finally died. But you were happy, because your family was safe.

© 2015 Sunny


Author's Note

Sunny
ignore grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow. this is dark. it makes me feel as if i am reading about a jew during the world war, captured by the nazis. good write!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 28, 2013
Last Updated on January 3, 2015

Author

Sunny
Sunny

Writing
My Queerness My Queerness

A Story by Sunny


Dear Mom Dear Mom

A Poem by Sunny


See You Later See You Later

A Story by Sunny





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5