The Puppeteer

The Puppeteer

A Story by Shhhh
"

The ending is what you make it.

"
I look at my puppet. 
Oh how amazing and beautiful she is! Her light-green olive eyes reflect even the smallest amount of light. She exhibits the most stunning half-creased frown -- wait, not a frown but now a smile. A gorgeous light-hearted smile that can make even the most guiltiest of sinners pure. Her silky blonde hair rests on her perfect saffron dress, twinkling, gleaming, from the moon's fluorescent shine. I gaze at the marionette again. Her beauty is suddenly too much for me. I grab her smooth hair; I let it run through my fingers like water and then begin to smell it. Her scent lingers in my nose with a pure, precious aroma of citrus and flowers. Flowers. It reminds me of the day I first laid my lucky eyes on her. It was a calm, summer night and there she was, standing on the street, alone, defenseless, abandoned. How could someone leave such a rare diamond behind like that? So I took her while the scent of freshly grown daisies arose from such well-landscaped gardens and pleasured my nostrils with their pungent aroma. She was mine and she still is. I stop smelling her hair, and I begin to place it in my mouth just for a taste -- just a small taste. The texture, the flavor, it becomes so...so...euphoric and pleasurable to me! I stop once again. I push her away from me and let her delicate, little body rest on my bed for a good night's sleep. Happily, I gaze out the window and observe. Observe the trees rustling because of the weak gusts of wind; observe the vibrant, colorful flowers in my garden, and observe the scattered remains of people having their last walk before the day has come to an end. I see a man walking. There is also a cute couple walking by, holding hands, laughing, smiling. There is a family walking by. And oh look! There is a lonely woman. I stare at her. She somehow seems to attract my attention. She is very intriguing, interesting; in fact, she is rather beautiful. Beautiful. Just like a puppet.

© 2013 Shhhh


Author's Note

Shhhh
My vocabulary variety was a little off in this one, but please review and give feedback please! Thanks for the support! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The imagery and detail in this story is phenomenal! I feel like I could draw a great picture from this. It was interesting and... I found the hair tasting a little weird but the story was absolutely amazing none the less.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shhhh

10 Years Ago

Aha thank you so much for going through my pieces. Yeah I agree with both of you that the tasting wa.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Meg
I'm going to be the creepy chick who reads all your stuff and comments on it too. I really liked this, though I thought it a little weird that he tasted the puppet's hair. Your descriptiveness is very good, it painted a beautiful picture in my mind



Posted 10 Years Ago


Shhhh

10 Years Ago

Aha it's alright. I love hearing reviews on my pieces and admire people who take the time to look th.. read more
Meg

10 Years Ago

Hahaha, no worries :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2013
Last Updated on May 26, 2013
Tags: puppet, doll, short story, new, suspense

Author

Shhhh
Shhhh

CA



About
My name is Kevin. I am 16 years old, however, age is no matter when it comes to writing. Writing is my life along with dance. I write about anything to my heart's content. If you wish for me to review.. more..

Writing