The Noise Escalated

The Noise Escalated

A Story by Shhhh
"

A short, suspense story originating from a prompt (Begin a story with the sentence "Behind her, the noise escalated." Enjoy and give feedback please!

"
Behind her, the noise escalated. Her pure, azure eyes became filled with dread and uncertainty. She huddled in the corner of the room farthest from the ruckus. The noise grew louder- rising gradually from a low hum to a loud rambunctious cacophony. It seemed to morph; changing from a thunderous bang to ear-piercing shrieks of helpless souls. What could she have done? The window would have led her to the mischievous and unstable environment of the night, and the door would have just led to her straight to the source of which the noise emanated from. There could only be one solution, but she feared it for the worst. She stood up and regained her confidence. She walked steadily towards the door without releasing the slightest diminutive sound. She arrived at the door.She reached slowly for the door knob, afraid of what may lie beyond the worn-out mahogany wood. She opened it swiftly and wide open. She cried. 

Cried out of relief. The noise was coming from the television from her brother's bedroom. She sighed. He must have accidentally turned up the volume with the remote while he was sleeping. As she walked towards the television to turn it off, she froze suddenly. It couldn't have been her brother; he was staying over at his friends' house that night. Something caught her attention. A dark, shadowy figure began shuffling under the blankets of her brother's bed. A pale, blurred face poked its head out of the saffron bed sheets; it stared at her, grinning with pleasure and delight. The figure laughed maniacally as it slowly rose from the bed. The girl fled back to her room, her only location where she could keep her sanity. She sobbed. She prayed that it would be a nightmare. Prayed that it was not real. Pray that the sun may rise and shine its daylight as soon as possible. But she never knew, however, that she would never live to see another day.

© 2013 Shhhh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... you did a really nice job with this. I loved the imagery and suspense you created. And again, your choice in vocabulary is wonderful. A great piece you have here!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 26, 2013
Last Updated on May 26, 2013

Author

Shhhh
Shhhh

CA



About
My name is Kevin. I am 16 years old, however, age is no matter when it comes to writing. Writing is my life along with dance. I write about anything to my heart's content. If you wish for me to review.. more..

Writing