Wake up...

Wake up...

A Story by trekkieee
"

I originally started this story for a contest on here called "wake up..." This is my version.

"

  My conscience stirs into place. I open my eyes, vision struggles to focus. I'm staring up at a ceiling. It's so far away. I can see specks of dust falling from it like a slow snowfall. I feel like the world lifted me up to the top of the dusty ceiling and dropped me full force back on to this... this examining table. My weak arms pull myself upright. Why am i on this cold metal table? Nothing is familiar, where the f**k am i?

  I slide my legs around and jump to the ground. Where are my shoes? My socks? My pants? Whose extra-large t-shirt is this? I hope these are my panties?

The cement is cold on my bare feet. What the f**k is this place? It seems like I’m in a basement since the window is closer to the high ceiling up there. It's not completely dark, just grey. I'm in some sort of medical room. There are empty jars on a desk. They're labeled with things like "syringes" and "cotton swabs". There are two more metal examining tables in here, and a door. My feet slide across the room towards this floor. The knob is freezing cold. I turn the handle and open the door cautiously. A dark staircase appears in front of me. I have to tilt my head upward to see yet another door at the top of this climb. I make my way up the frigid cold, dark, narrow steps. Behind the door at the top is a hallway. Long and narrow like the stairs behind me, and as brightly lit as the lights on a Christmas tree. I feel the need to run to this other door at the end of this hallway. My long hair is knotted and oily but it still bounces as i hurry to this door. I open it faster with eager to escape this maze. I end up in this grand foyer. Carpeted, hard wood floors, red and gold. It's a dark looking room, dark as in sinful, not the dark as in nightfall. There's a Victorian feel to it all. Did I travel back in time?

  I drag my feet forward. There's no one here, in this room at least. I don't even know if i should escape this place or find someone who can tell me where I am. There’s a double sides staircase to my right, with red carpeted stairs that curve up to the top floor. There are a few sofas in the middle of the room, and a smaller sized coffee table. There are a few doors and windows around the room. The biggest door is to the far right, which looks like the door to outside. It’s a double door, with a stained glass window on top going on all the way to the roof. It must look beautiful from the outside.
Light peeks through the glass on to the sofas. I can see more dust falling through the rays of sun. I don’t want to leave this place yet, it’s drawing me in like it wants me to find something. The building wants me to look around and figure out why I am here. I want to know why I am here.
 I make my way up the large staircase ignoring all the other doors in the room. At the top I find myself looking out a wide window. It overlooks a forest. It’s autumn and the trees in the forest are almost completely changed. I can still see a few red leaves, but most of them are on the ground forming a blanket around the trees. It’s such a beautiful forest. 
tink tink
I freeze in my place. What the f**k was that.
My heart starts beating faster, and faster. I have to breathe faster to keep up with my heart now. I’m too nervous to even turn my head.
The sound came from my right. I turned my head towards the sound; I was looking down a long corridor. Still frozen in place. To my relief a cat ran out of the third room down the hall. My body released all the tense muscles. I could breath. That cat slowed down in front of me. One side of his face was a deep brown, the other a greyish white. He was friendly. He sniffed my hand and rubbed his face along my leg. I picked him up and walked towards the third room down the hall.

© 2012 trekkieee


Author's Note

trekkieee
If you spot any grammatical errors or have any opionions (good or bad) leave them in the comments. I'm happy to read them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting story it has that mysterious feeling and is very well described, love your style...great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


trekkieee

11 Years Ago

thanks! i'll be posting more of it shortly, thanks for the review :)
No your not gonna leave me hanging like that, haha. That's it! Where is she, ow did she get there. So many questions.....good job though.

Posted 11 Years Ago


trekkieee

11 Years Ago

hahah thanks, i have been writing my other story but i'll get back to this one tonight! thanks for t.. read more
P.S This is not finished.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 15, 2012
Last Updated on October 15, 2012
Tags: horror

Author

trekkieee
trekkieee

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



Writing
Veronica. Veronica.

A Chapter by trekkieee


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by trekkieee


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by trekkieee