Secrets Told

Secrets Told

A Story by Shin
"

Story of a guy's secret love for his best friend.

"

 

                “Josh, are you sure you’re okay?”

                “Yeah I’m sure, it’s just a bruise.”

                “Okay. But next time, look at where you’re going.”

                “Yes ma’am!”

                I tripped on a rock and fell on a bench, a very ugly way to have a bruise, I look ridiculous. Everyone was laughing at me when I tumbled down that rocky bench in front of our building. Tricia was there when I tripped, and she actually helped me, she always helps me when I’m in trouble. She is my childhood friend, best friend, classmate, neighbor and my first love. Well, she doesn’t know that I love her though, I can’t.

                She doesn’t notice it, I think. Maybe she thinks that I do those things to her because she’s my friend, well besides being a friend, I do it because I like to, not because I have to.

                “So, let’s go?” She said.

                “Yeah, sure.”

                She has many suitors but never had a boy friend. I don’t know why but I’m afraid, maybe I would be rejected too if I would confess my feelings. I don’t want to get hurt by the only one I love since my childhood days and until now we’re in high school and about to graduate.

                It was Christmas and I was about to confess my feelings to her, even though I was still afraid, even I get rejected, at least I said what I should have said a long time ago.

                I went to their house but it was her mom who answered the door.

                “Hi Aunt Marissa, is Tricia there?”

                “Oh, she went out with that Tom guy.”

                “Oh, okay, thanks auntie.”

                “Just come back later.”

                She shut the door after that and I went home. She’s dating Tom. Tom was the president of the student council and a varsity in volleyball, team A. I got can’t compete with that kind of guy.

                It was January again and it was her birthday next week. I was planning to give her flowers and chocolates so I bought her favorite chocolates and flowers. She always tells me that never from her suitors gave her the things that she likes. Well at least I know what she likes, I have the advantage.

                On her birthday, I was supposed to give it to her at lunch time. She’s always alone at a certain time during lunch so I decided to give it to her at that time.

She saw me holding it.

“Wow. Who’s that for?” she was smiling at me.

“Secret.”

“Oh, tell me. Please.”

“You’ll know later.”

“She’s very lucky to you.”

“I don’t know.”

“She really is.”

“Thanks.”

I waited until I thought she was alone at the classroom. But when I was ready to give it to her, Tom was there, I got closer to them and listened, there were others too who were watching them.

                “Tricia, I like you so much and I want you to be my girl friend.”

                “Uh, your girl friend?”

                “Yes.”

                “I don’t know.”

                “If you would not answer, I’ll count that as a yes.”

                She started to run through the people. So I followed her, of course. I found her at the stairs crying.

                “Why did you run away from him?”

                “I don’t want to answer his question.”

                “Why?”

                “Why do you care?”

                “Of course, you’re my best friend. I think he likes you so much.”

                “I don’t know.”

                “Yes he does and maybe he’s the perfect guy for you.”

                “No.”

                “Yes he is.”

                “No.”

                “Yes.”

                “No! Why do you keep on insisting that he’s good for me?”

                “Because he is.”

                “No! Even though you think that he’s good for me, he’s not, and I will never love him!”

                “Why?”

                “Because you’re the one I love!”

                “What?”

                “You’re the one I love! Since the very beginning.”

                “I love you too.”

                “What?”

                “I said I love you too.”

                “Really?”

                “Yes. Here.” I gave her the chocolates and flowers that I bought.

                “You really bought them.”

                “I know they’re your favorites.”

                “Of course you know. You’re my best friend.”

                “Yeah, I’m your best friend, but could I also be your boy friend?” I smiled at her and I saw her blush.

                “Of course you could.”

                After that, it was the best days, months, and probably the years of my life. We were very happy in each other’s arms. We graduated both with honors and entered the same school in college. Our parents were also happy for us. I guess telling the truth really sets us free. 

© 2011 Shin


Author's Note

Shin
I actually wrote this for our class paper/class magazine which is our project. So, this is a rushed work and I don't really know if you guys will like it. So yeah, enjoy. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on April 5, 2011
Last Updated on April 5, 2011

Author

Shin
Shin

MNL, Philippines



About
Hi. I'm Katrina. 17 year old who likes writing poems, short stories, and novels for fun. :) I can't really share all my writings here because of school. And yeah, hope you all enjoy them. I .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shin


Angels Cry Angels Cry

A Book by Shin


Liham (Letter) Liham (Letter)

A Story by Shin





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114