Soul Seer: A Tragedy

Soul Seer: A Tragedy

A Story by Shino
"

The fate of love

"

Once in her life, she saw a revolting calamity in romance. This was when she was still young, fresh from her grandfather’s teachings. She walked out and viewed the souls of the passer-by. She saw men with enthusiasm to get home, and women sick from the same thought. Men excited to relax, eat, and have sex; women laden to clean, cook and please. She watched the fears of man; they pondered on the loyalty of their females, the truth of their vows, and only wound themselves into ire. The fears of women; to make a mistake during the daily inquisition, to expose a white lie a brute forced into conception, and these thoughts created misery. Every man and woman who walked passed, and had their partner in mind, held similar thoughts. All else were blank headed, politically engaged, religiously devout- or questioning secretly; or were all focusing on plans of the future, near and far, or regrets of the past, nigh and remote.

This was her first day into the world of human society. And this was the end of her purity. She saw the deficiencies of mankind, and was alarmed. Her heart began to beat visibly. Her skin, slightly lower, but in the middle of her ribs, vibrated with each heavy pump. She wished to stop time and go to each, and explain to them the innocent, sweet natures of the other, and explain trust, compassion; and teach how to save their relationships from becoming mere oaths. These scenes became suddenly trivial, egotistic problems, however, when she lay her eyes upon two humans attached with entwined fingers, and a pair of souls knotted likewise.

They were spiritually connected; they knew one another better than she, the soul seer. She saw their future. The twine of their spirits would truly fuse at some point. Their joys would only come from the others smile and satisfaction, their fears would only rise from the others danger or sorrow. They did not have to live for themselves, for the male lived enough for the female, and she lived dually for him. They would travel, and happily compromise for each other. But, as beautiful as God’s true vision of love was to this young lady, she would see a great terror in their future, grander than anything she would ever perceive, in her next eighty years.

It was alike the most glorious city. With the most philosophically crafted laws; laws built to protect rights, not restrict them. A city of mutual respect for the fellow man, a city without a police force. A city of wealth and morals, true wholesome morals of the heart and mind, a city free of doctrine and dogma. A city of genius construction, minimal waste and great, but giving men of wealth and fortune. Imagine this haven. Imagine this triumph of man! A triumph only to live in the imagination indeed! A land of perfection. But now imagine it conquered. Imagine the fires of swine, running rampant on this incredible utopia. Imagine the souls of those innocent, moral citizens, being chewed and killed by the demons of war. Imagine the wealth stolen, and the philosophical foundations crippled and corrupt. Imagine the old man who sits on his porch, amidst a desolate, rotten city, smoldering under a thick, never ending cloud of pollution, imagine how he dreams in joy and sorrow, the city it once was!

She, the young seer, witnessed this very scene. For, down the road, this perfect love, shared in mutual desire and respect, would plunge. For, down the road, half of that great soul fused in love, would die. One of those two would become ill, would wither, would mentally deteriorate, would forget who the other was, would have grey eyes, would lose all judgment, and one, would lose everything in return. There is no joy for these people in the end, this cannot end happily for them. They will one day find themselves damned, alone, and doomed. Trudging along a dead soul, unable, wishing not, unwilling to be free. Until they too die, after living alone and being forced to taste the bitterness of hell unwarranted.

© 2013 Shino


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013
Tags: feminist, sexism, love, hope, sorrow, failure

Author

Shino
Shino

Phoenix, AZ



About
We will see! more..