Wavelength

Wavelength

A Story by ShittyBakaFace
"

filled with spelling errors

"

The girl hopped across the small stones that had been made slick by the river, only thinking of the boy that she had met the other day, not noticing the gap where the stones suddenly stopped before reaching the other side of the river.....

I woke with a start, a cold thin layer of sweat covering me. My breathing is ragged and uneven. I look about the room, my eyes adjusting, still wondering where I am. Last I remembered, I was following a girl over a river in a small wooded area...or was that a dream? It had to be because I'm back in my room. I sit up bringing my leg up some. I prop my elbow on my knee and put my head in my hand. Last week I met a girl. She was beautiful and carefree, she was nice to everyone, even the kids who were mean to her. She acted like she was still in grade school even though she was a freshman in highschool. I heard all my friends talking about her and decided she sounded pretty cool. Then last week when I met her, I think I fell in love with her. We hadnt even spoken a word, but we both heard and felt something that resembled that of a small shock. No one else seemed to have heard it, but we both did. I remember everything about her in that one moment she took to lean toward me. Her smell, that of clean cotten, when she leaned forward. The sound of her voice, that of a bell, when she asked "did you hear and feel that too?". I remember looking at her eyes, a beautiful deep green blue. I even remember the song on her ipod that day, "Puppies" by J Bigga.
I even texted her all day, for the next two days. Then she just suddenly stopped texing in the middle of the day.
Last week I met a girl whom I like a lot. And last week, the girl whom I like a lot, disappeared on her way home from school.
I sigh and lay back down, letting sleep, a cold, black, lonley sheet, cover me.

Drip Drip Drip. eyes fluttering open. green... everywhere. trees? yes trees... laying on....coldness....its damp.... the ground? is it wet?  where... where am I? cant breathe.... everything is going, once again, black.....

 Screaming this time. I woke up screaming to the dream.... but this dream was different. It was like i was with her, with my Autumn, and it was really happening. This feels so weird. These dreams. Its like shes out there, alive, yearning for my help...and i dont know what to do... I sigh and throw the covers back, swinging my legs out and onto the floor. i stand and walk out of the room, creeping past my parents room quietly and into the kitchen. I grab some cerial and a cup pouring the cerial and milk in. I ate it thinking about the dream and what it ment. The only sounds in the house was of my crunching and swallowing. And that of a ticking clock....and then footsteps. I look up startled, but calm down when I see my mom. She looks tired and worried, her hair in a mess around her face. I laugh half heartedly at her smeared make up that made her look similar to a racoon. She smiled slightly and walked up to me, leaning against the counter where I sat. "so kiddo, whats up? why are you up at this time of night?"
"I had a nightmare about her again... but this time it was different. The dream was first person, like i was her, seeing everything she saw, i could even feel what she felt." I looked up at my mom, looking for answers in her eyes. She looked at me sympatheticly and sighed, "sweety, I know you miss her, and I know you liked her-"
"like. I still like her mom."
"I know! I know you do! Its just," another sigh, and a hand running down her face, "Its just... its been a week! You need to realize that she prolly isnt alive, or she isnt coming back." I looked at her. Her features were slouched, she was exhausted. She has been dealing with these night-terrors of mine since Autumn dissapeared. Shes such a good mom, I think she just wants my sadness to be over, But I know Autumns out there, alive and hurt. "Im sorry mom. I just cant. I beileve shes still out there and needs help. I think my dreams are telling me to help her!" My mom sighed and stood up, she then started to walk silently back to her room, "Go to bed sweety. I'll see you tomorrow." Then she opened her door, walked in, and shut it. Leaving me with my thoughts.....

Staring at the dark blue sky, my vision doesnt get any better. It just keeps getting Fuzzier each time i open my eyes. What is this feeling... like im missing something. or...someone? yes thats right... who is it...a girl or a boy.... its definatly a girl...no wait... a boy... a boy sounds right... who is he...why do i feel like i need him....
WHERE IS HE?!?!?!?!?

I jumped, my head shooting up from where it had been laying. I must have fallen asleep at the table. That voice..... the bell voice... her voice.  I had heard it. She's somewhere out there. She needs my help! I can feel it. I stand up and run to my room. I throw my things about, looking for my jeans and a jacket. I find some sliding my pants up over my boxers and then pull the jacket over my skin. I run to the garage, by this time my parents must have heard me running about for I could hear them walking to the garage, I grab a flashlight and run to the front of the house. I run past my parents and out the door, hearing their crys of protest and confusion. I run as fast as can, almost to the woods. sweat is pouring down my body, it feels like i just took a dip in a... in a river. My vision blurs....

behind the school parking lot, the trees part slightly and lead to a clearing. go left to the rose bush and then to the river. walk across the stones....this is the path she took everyday to and from school.

I open my eyes and take the path described in my head. I run into the parking lot, into the clearing. its hard to breathe, I look about, my thoughts jumbled. I run to the rose bush and pass it. I go across the river stopping at the last stone, the stone I see her hit before dissapearing under the water every night. I jump across to the other side and look around. It continues to be difficult to breathe...even though I have stopped running. I start losing hope... but then a peice of cloth catches my eye. I walk to it and then look at the sides of the river... and i notice a trail of dried blood running down the side of it. I run even though my legs feel like they are being weighed down by bricks. I can't breathe even though im taking in big breaths of air.I see something as i get closer to the much larger blood smears.... A small fragile hand was weakly holding on to a stone, the rest of the body submerged underwater, threatening to be taken down the stream more. I ran to it, to her, grabing her hand and yanking her out of the water. I slammed my fist onto her chest, being able to breathe slightly better as i watched her cough up dirty water and some mud. I latched my mouth over hers and forced my breath down her throat and into her lungs. She gasped sitting up and shivering, then she turned to me, and looked at me with her big blue-green eyes....

I looked confused at the boy infront of me, my vision still slightly blurry. Once my eyes came back into focus i saw my beautiful boy staring at me with concern, relief,....and love. "i finally found you!" he cried with joy.. My eyes started to blur from the same thing. I reached up as best as i could with the little strength i had, and embraced him, "I love you so much!!!" he picked me up and looked into my eyes smiling..." lets go home."

And the boy carried the girl over the stones, past the rose bush, and through the feild, until they reached the school parking lot. As it came into veiw they noticed that the parking lot was filled with ambulances and police cars, and worried parents. The boy smiled. The girl cried with joy upon seeing her family.....

 

 

and now their story ends.

© 2010 ShittyBakaFace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on May 25, 2009
Last Updated on June 14, 2010

Author

ShittyBakaFace
ShittyBakaFace

MO



About
OH NO I'M GOING TO BE LATE FOR ANIME SCHOOL more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ShittyBakaFace