Jamaica Suffers From Lack of International Jet Ski Events in Entertainment Calendar – Joe Issa

Jamaica Suffers From Lack of International Jet Ski Events in Entertainment Calendar – Joe Issa

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Chairman of Cool Corporation and accomplished jet skier Joe Issa, says properly organized national and international jet ski events could benefit Jamaica’s tourism product, change the way jet skiing i

"

Chairman of Cool Corporation and accomplished jet skier Joe Issa, says properly organized national and international jet ski events could benefit Jamaica’s tourism product, change the way jet skiing is viewed and possibly give the country another sporting area to dominate.


“Jet skiing is a fascinating sport; it’s entertainment at its best. Everybody love the thrills, young and old including both Jamaicans and tourists, who travel all over the world to ski for pleasure and or participate in competitions.

 

“Jet ski tourism is a big and growing market, so even if we can tap only a tiny part of that segment, we are still talking about millions in additional revenue to the island…and given Jamaica’s sporting prowess, we could be spawning future world champions,” says Issa, who is small water crafts owner and jet ski enthusiast.

 

Issa’s comments come as Martinique test run for possible international Jet Ski race in St. Lucia. According to an online report, a team of Jet Ski enthusiasts from the French island spent the past week-end in Saint Lucia exploring logistical arrangements for Saint Lucia’s possible involvement in an international Jet Ski race in 2017.

 

Martinique recently hosted the first round of Jetracer World Championship IJSBA, an international Jet race competition organized by The International Jet Sports Boating Association, which is the worldwide sanctioning body for personal watercraft competitive racing.

 

The proposal is for the 2017 race to start in Martinique and end in Saint Lucia; it will be the first time an international Jet Ski race will start in one country and end in another. The trial run is said to have brought over 40 persons to Saint Lucia including three boats with security, emergency and other logistical personnel, who are expected to provide training and race orientation to the Saint Lucian Jet Ski pilots.

 

This year’s international Jet Ski race in Martinique attracted over 50 participants from the United States, Russia, Canada, Kuwait, Qatar, Belgium, Peru, the United Kingdom, Italy, China, South Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia and France. The hope is that Saint Lucia Jet Ski Pilots will participate in the 2017 international race.

 

Ever since the first Kawasaki Jet Ski hit the water in 1973, the sport of jet skiing has been embraced worldwide with sales of small water crafts increasing to new levels each year. Today, international Jet Ski competitions are shown in flight on a number of airlines.

 

Issa imagines Jamaica one day “hosting an international Jet Ski race starting in Ocho Rios and ending in Montego Bay with over a hundred participants and followers including the international media, as locals and tourists fill hotels along the coastline to view and cheer this great spectacle.”


It is said that Issa believes the Ocho Rios to Montego Bay coastline is one of the most scenic in the world, having hosted celebrities up and down that route onboard his father’s world famous yacht, M?Y Zein, which was once owned by Aristotle Onassis and Princess Grace of Monaco.

 

© 2017 Sally Shiv


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica, International Jet Ski Events in