Joe Issa Says Happy Birthday to  Queen Elizabeth 11

Joe Issa Says Happy Birthday to Queen Elizabeth 11

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Businessman, Philanthropist and Catholic Eucharistic Minister, Joe Issa, has wished Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth 11 Happy Birthday. The Queen turned 90 years on April 21, making her the longest-

"

Businessman, Philanthropist and Catholic Eucharistic Minister, Joe Issa, has wished Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth 11 Happy Birthday. The Queen turned 90 years on April 21, making her the longest-serving monarch.


“I remember when The Queen and Prince Phillip visited my parents at home. I felt so honoured; it was an unbelievable experience talking to her in. She was wearing this lovely smile throughout and never looked intimidating. She looked great. It’s unbelievable that so much time has passed since,” says Issa, Executive Chairman of Cool Corporation. 


Only late last year, Issa wished the couple Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. He said then, “I feel honored in wishing Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth 11 and Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and to also wish for them continued long life, peace and happiness.”

 

The Queen and her husband were once hosted by Issa’s parents at their Kingston home during one of their visits to Jamaica. The Queen and Prince Phillip were also taken for a cruise on board the world renowned yacht, M/Y Zein, named after his sister.

 

The Queen and Prince Phillip’s son, HRH Prince Charles, has also spent time at the Issa home in Barbican, while the Prince’s cousin, Lady Gabriella Windsor was hosted by Issa at one of the family’s luxury resorts.

 

Prince Rainier, the sole heir to the throne of Monaco has also been hosted by Issa’s parents onboard the M/Y Zein, which he and wife, Princess Grace once owned.

The Queen set off the celebration last Thursday with the lighting of the first of more than 900 beacons across the UK and overseas as part of her 90th birthday celebrations.


Prince Philip, the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall are said to have joined the monarch at a private dinner in Windsor Castle. Earlier, cheering crowds were seen lining the streets in Windsor as the Queen took part in a walkabout.

 

The Queen is said to have thanked senders of "#HappyBirthdayYourMajesty" tweets. In another tweet, the Queen said: “I send my best wishes to those who are celebrating their 90th birthday... on this shared occasion, I send my warm congratulations to you.”

Issa says jokingly, “I won’t be sending any expensive gifts to Her Majesty; apparently she doesn’t go for that, instead she is said to prefer the exchange of cheap gifts, the cheapest the better, when the family gathers around.”

 

Traditionally, the entire family gathers at Sandringham House in Norkfolk on Christmas Eve to exchange gifts and play a friendly game of backyard soccer for charity. The teams consist of game pits workers at the Norfolk estate against villagers from nearby Castle Rising; Prince William and Prince Harry are also said to participate, a report has said.

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica, Queen Elizabeth 11