Joe Issa Tips Bolt to Deliver Triple-Triple in Rio

Joe Issa Tips Bolt to Deliver Triple-Triple in Rio

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

As news of Usain Bolt’s readiness for this year’s Olympics in Rio, Brazil emerges, sports enthusiast Joe Issa, says should Bolt win the triple again, this would make Leicester City’s Premier League Ch

"

As news of Usain Bolt’s readiness for this year’s Olympics in Rio, Brazil emerges, sports enthusiast Joe Issa, says should Bolt win the triple again, this would make Leicester City’s Premier League Championship win pale in comparison, as the most unlikely feat in sporting history.


“I back Bolt to successfully defend his 100m, 200m and 4x100m crowns in Brazil, and get the unprecedented ‘triple-triple’ in his last Olympic Games. If he succeeds, he will have achieved the most unlikely feat in the history of sports, surpassing Leicester City’s recent Premier League win. I believe he will bow out in style,” says Issa, who is founder of the Cool Group of companies.

 

He adds, “With the help of his coach Bolt has done it in the past and I believe he will do it again. Their approach to preparation for the big event and execution of the races is still a closely guarded secret that works every time, at least over the past two Olympic Games.” 

 

Himself not new to success, having achieved several firsts in his academic and professional careers, Issa often praises young Jamaicans for their achievements, including member of the Reggae Boyz team, Jamaican Wes Morgan, when he recently led Leicester City to cop the English Premier League Championship, which has been described as the most unlikely feat in sporting history.

 

Issa, who has hosted some of the world’s top luminaries, said in a blog then, “This is really great for Wes. He represented Jamaica well last year playing for the Reggae Boyz in the Copa América and the CONCACAF Gold Cup, in which he contributed greatly to Jamaica’s runner-up finish.”

 

“I think his latest exploits in the Premier League will inspire his Reggae Boyz’ teammates when he joins them again for this year’s round of competition. It’s a proud moment for the young man and his Jamaican roots,” he added.

 

According to an AFP article from the Cayman Islands, “Usain Bolt will take the first long strides on his road to Rio here Saturday when he makes his 2016 track debut with less than three months to go before the Olympics.”


 

It said “the 29-year-old superstar has not competed since winning three gold medals at last August’s World Championships in Beijing and is hoping to use this weekend’s Cayman Invitational to gauge the state of his race fitness.”

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on April 23, 2017
Last Updated on April 23, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica, Usain Bolt