Joe Issa, Obama Pay Touching Tribute to Music Icon Prince

Joe Issa, Obama Pay Touching Tribute to Music Icon Prince

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Like Joe Issa, it is not clear whether President Obama can sing or play any instruments, but that didn’t stop both men paying touching tribute to dead music icon Prince, who has been described

"

Like Joe Issa, it is not clear whether President Obama can sing or play any instruments, but that didn’t stop both men paying touching tribute to dead music icon Prince, who has been described as innovative and philanthropic, and a healthy-lifestyle enthusiast.


“I was at university when Purple Rain hit the airwaves and everyone loved the song, along with many of his other hits. I think the music fraternity has lost an icon, a real genius who thrilled audiences throughout the world,” said Issa, as he reacts to news of the death of the music superstar.

 

Continuing, Issa, who is a great lover of many music genres, said Prince was a very innovative and creative singer and songwriter, and was always pushing the envelope to entertain his fans around the world.

 

“See how, with no acting experience, he engineered his way into getting a deal to star in a major motion picture about his life, with the Purple Rain album as the soundtrack, and what an album that was,” says Issa, who is a business innovator with several product brands under his belt.

 

The 1984 hit film won Prince an Academy Award for Best Original Song Score and grossed more than $80 million in the US. Songs from the film hit pop charts in the US and Europe.

That year, Prince simultaneously had the No. 1 album, single, and film in the US; it was the first time a singer had achieved this feat, according to Wikipedia, which also informed that the Purple Rain album is ranked 72nd in Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums of All Time and is included on the list of Time magazine's All-Time 100 Albums.

 

Issa’s wide choice in music, which include pop, R&B, funk, rock and jazz is said to be partly influenced by his university education in the United Kingdom and the United States, where “the intensely private musician” was found dead at his home in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota on Thursday at the age of 57, “shocking millions of fans around the world and prompting glowing tributes by fellow musicians,” a Reuters report said.

 

Like Issa, Prince was a philanthropist and a very private and religious person, who once said, “A strong spirit transcends rules,” in respect of which, President Obama, who once hired him to perform at a private party, wrote: “Nobody’s spirit was stronger, bolder or more creative. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, his band and all who loved him.”

 

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on April 26, 2017
Last Updated on April 26, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica, Prince.