Joe Issas Cool Corporation Looking Global in 2016

Joe Issas Cool Corporation Looking Global in 2016

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Founder of Cool Corporation, Joe Issa, says 2016 started where 2015 ended, with Cool Group of companies continuing to leverage its powerful brand on the global market.

"

Founder of Cool Corporation, Joe Issa, says 2016 started where 2015 ended, with Cool Group of companies continuing to leverage its powerful brand on the global market.


As one of Jamaica’s most respected young entrepreneurs Issa, who famously founded over 50 firms covering all major sectors of the economy, said the Cool brands transitioned seamlessly into 2016 in the international community.

 

“International business does not go to sleep like people do; so even as we celebrated 2015 many markets around the world continue to acknowledge business agreements and process transactions,” Issa explains, adding, “Sometimes, though, you can have computer hiccups that may cause delays, but as far as our businesses were concerned it was a smooth transition into 2016.”

 

Issa, who today does business throughout the major world markets, including stocks and commodities, started business with one petrol station which he named Cool Oasis, a name that would later become a formidable brand.

 

Expanding quickly with other gas stations, all painted in the same bright colours, Issa began adding value to them by introducing a range of innovative services led by customer care. Within a short time they had become the gas stations of choice to stop at and find services they have never experienced before.

 

The Cool Oasis gas stations were ready to be leveraged, along with other Cool brands which adorn Jamaica’s roadways. Brands such as Cool Distributors and Cool Card emerged soon after and they too, would later become leaders in their sphere of activity.

 

With an emphasis on creating lots of jobs, Issa soon setup his first technology driven company " Cool Biz, a Commerce and eCommerce Company involved in mobile telephony.


Using a mobile phone with one or more slots for Smart Cards to support various commerce values and applications, CoolBiz is a direct selling business " selling prepaid mobile airtime for all major telecommunications companies in Jamaica, as well as a variety of other consumer products to Jamaicans.

 

By 2007, this unique business model had successfully built a local value chain by matching micro entrepreneurs directly with suppliers thereby making products more accessible and affordable in their markets.

 

The model and effective use of the technology had also enabled CoolBiz to reward its affiliates (sellers) and retailers for their own consumption, while enabling affiliates to sell directly to friends and neighbours without limiting the size or scope which they choose to grow their businesses.

 

By January 2008, Cool Biz was serving more than 10,000 customers per month through a network of affiliates and had grown to become the largest single direct top-up channel for Cable & Wireless Jamaica. Col Biz now sells all brands of prepaid airtime including Device and Flow.

 

Today, with over 3,000 active affiliates selling to more than 30,000 unique customers per month, Cool Biz aspires to be the leading commerce network in the Caribbean.

 

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on April 26, 2017
Last Updated on April 26, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica, Global Market, Cool Group of Companies.