More Reasons Why Joe Issa Backs Ganja to Boost Health of People and Economy of Jamaica

More Reasons Why Joe Issa Backs Ganja to Boost Health of People and Economy of Jamaica

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Executive Chairman of Cool Corporation Joe Issa, who is known to act local, but think global, has the vision of Jamaica becoming a major world power in medicinal ganja, as he wrote in the February 201

"

Executive Chairman of Cool Corporation Joe Issa, who is known to act local, but think global, has the vision of Jamaica becoming a major world power in medicinal ganja, as he wrote in the February 2015 issue of PRWeb, that medical marijuana could be Jamaica’s economic legacy. Today, this position is vindicated by the latest discoveries about the ganja plant.

 

“I believe in the integrity of our leading local scientist such as Dr. (Henry) Lowe and Professor (Errol) Morrison, both of whom have done tremendous research in the medicinal properties of ganja.


“So when they reveal findings from their studies of the weed, I accept them " good and bad. I am happy that the latest news is positive, especially as it involves the chronic lifestyle illness " diabetes,” Issa says, as he reacts to the latest article by Professor Errol Morrison & Dr Aisha Jones.

 

Noting that “in 90 per cent of diabetes worldwide, the underlying cause is related to the body’s resistance to the effect of insulin, which normally acts to maintain steady blood sugar levels,” the article referenced a “five-year study which found that users of ganja had 17 per cent lower levels of resistance to insulin as well as 16 per cent had lower levels of insulin circulating in the blood.”

 

Further, the study, which was reported in 2013, involving some 5,000 participants, “found that users of ganja had significantly lower levels of blood sugar compared to non-users. Reported in the American Journal of Medicine, the study “supports the finding that by reducing the resistance to insulin, ganja use could indeed prevent the development of diabetes.”

 

Issa, who is also happy to hear that ganja use was found to lower the chance of becoming obese, says, “Obesity is a sickness most people fear, but hardly do anything about, especially if it runs in the family…it is a life-changing disease that calls for lifestyle changes.”  

 

Stating further, that “it is now well accepted that overweight, especially that associated with large waist circumference is both an aggravator and cause of diabetes,” the article cited a 2005 study on young adults, which found that regular users of ganja had smaller waist circumferences and decreased levels of obesity (severe overweight), and this finding was supported by the 2013 study referenced earlier.”

 

Noting Issa’s interview with the North Coast Times newspaper about the highly anticipated next step of legalizing medical marijuana by the Jamaican parliament and what that will mean for the country, the February 2015 PRWeb article quoted him as saying that medical marijuana “may be the country’s economic legacy…a once-in-a-life-time opportunity” which, when comes along “must be grabbed, nurtured, protected, administered and monetized.”

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on May 7, 2017
Last Updated on May 7, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica, Health, Ganja, Economy of Jamaica