Why Joe Issa Hangs Out With Optimists

Why Joe Issa Hangs Out With Optimists

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Multi-award winner and hugely successful businessman Joe Issa, concurs with 5-year study which found that rich people avoid one type of person – a pessimist.

"

Multi-award winner and hugely successful businessman Joe Issa, concurs with 5-year study which found that rich people avoid one type of person " a pessimist.

 

According to Kathleen Elkins in Business Insider, “After researching the daily habits of wealthy people for five years, author Thomas C. Corley found that they avoid one type of person at all costs: pessimists.”

 

The article painted a picture-perfect image of Issa when it quoted Corley as saying that “self-made millionaires are very particular about who they associate with.”

 

Issa, who is known to have hosted many of the world’s top luminaries including royalty, prime ministers, movie stars and music superstars, is believed to have no time for negativity, always hailing youth achievement and encouraging them to aspire for top leadership position in society.

 

“I don’t think it’s worth associating with negative people, the kind that takes you down with them,” Issa says in the interview about the article, adding, “you need to stick with positive people, the kind that push you forward rather than backwards.”

 

In an article on the website, Socializing with Joe Issa, entitled “Joe Issa’s Love for Quality Socialization: His Best Characteristic”, the point was made that Issa hangs out with quality people at events such as welcome, farewell and birthday parties; and weddings, anniversaries, awards, launches, dinners, cultural, heritage and music festival.

 

“You are only as successful as those you frequently associate with. The rich are always on the lookout for individuals who are goal-oriented, optimistic, enthusiastic, and who have an overall positive mental outlook,” Corley is said to have written in his book, ‘Change Your Habits, Change Your Life’.

 

Issa could also have been among the 86 per cent of the rich people interviewed who said they make a habit out of associating with other success-minded individuals, while limiting their exposure to toxic, negative people.

 

“Long-term success is only possible when you have a positive mental outlook,” Corley states.

 

Noting that Corley “is not the only one to suggest that negativity derails suc

cess - or that your relationships could affect your financial success”, the article cited a similar conclusion which was drawn a century ago by journalist Napoleon Hill, after researching over 500 self-made millionaires.


“Men take on the nature and the habits and the power of thought of those with who they associate,” Hill is said to have written in his 1937 bestseller, ‘Think and Grow Rich,’ and “there is no hope of success for the person who repels people through a negative personality.”

 

According to the study, the bottom line is: “Negativity will derail you from pursing success, and like attracts like. Avoid the pessimists and start hanging out with the optimists.”

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on May 7, 2017
Last Updated on May 7, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica, Optimists