Joe Issa Makes Phone Card Make Money for Jamaicans

Joe Issa Makes Phone Card Make Money for Jamaicans

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Joe Issa, that wonder boy who had so many firsts and grew up to revolutionize how to enjoy a Jamaican vacation, kept his innovative ways by changing how hundreds of people spend their leisure time.

"

Joe Issa, that wonder boy who had so many firsts and grew up to revolutionize how to enjoy a Jamaican vacation, kept his innovative ways by changing how hundreds of people spend their leisure time �" gainfully employed.


Sometimes referred to as the young trailblazer Issa, now executive chairman of Cool Corporation has had record-breaking academic achievements like being the youngest CPA in Jamaica in 1988 and has copped world-winning career awards such as Young Hotelier of the World 1994.

 

Soon after the turn of the new century, it was time for Issa’s next big move to achieve one of his dearest objectives, which is to find a business model that would create lots of jobs for the people of St Ann, where his business is headquartered.

 

By 2003, if you were unemployed, staying at home or had too much time on your hands, Issa offered an innovative Cool solution: own your own business, be your own boss and reap remarkable financial benefits!

 

The pre-paid calling card industry was growing fast with annual revenue closely rivaling that of other corporate giants including the lottery, thereby providing legitimate, profit-making business opportunities selling phone cards.

 

To sell the phone cards all that was needed was to become a Cool Card retailer, supplying all pre-paid calling cards for all mobile service providers, and a little money and the right attitude.

 

It worked for hundreds of people including Michael Sterling who became a Cool Card retailer with $1,000 and within six months a millionaire.

 

“With the very first sale the dollars started coming into my pocket, hundreds, then thousands of dollars a day were mine to keep,” says Sterling who now enjoys a better way of living.

 

With well over 1,000 access points across Jamaica the distinctive ‘Cool Cards’ sign continues to adorn the Jamaican environment and capture the imagination of many, not least are the many retailers who have made a lot of money selling telephone cards.


Cool Cards is said to have stormed the telecommunications industry with its creative use of technology, bold branding and innovative marketing strategies, came about in an effort to take full advantage of the deregulation of the telecom industry.


Cool Cards is backed by $120 million dollars in technology, hardware, software and branding; it became the largest purveyor of pre-paid electronic calling cards for Digicel and Cable & Wireless in just eight months.

 

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on June 14, 2017
Last Updated on June 14, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica, Phone Card