Joe Issa Urges Return of Elusive Trio to Jamaica in 2017

Joe Issa Urges Return of Elusive Trio to Jamaica in 2017

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Consistent with the centuries-old debate that good means more than just kindness, philanthropist and Eucharistic Minister Joe Issa wants more goodies for Jamaica in the coming year,

"

Consistent with the centuries-old debate that good means more than just kindness, philanthropist and Eucharistic Minister Joe Issa wants more goodies for Jamaica in the coming year, citing what he calls the elusive trio �" peace, love and prosperity.

“Despite the good we experience especially at this time of year, I think the country needs more than that…Jamaica has gone through trials and tribulations for far too long. We need to reverse that trend and bring back the peace, love and prosperity which have eluded the nation for decades,” says Issa who, in just 21 years has grown his Cool brand from one to over 50 companies.

Stating that it’s not enough to be kind just during the festive season, Issa argues that it must be sustained throughout the year, saying in addition, that they must be exercised with compassion, while extolling the Godly rewards.

“Goodness cannot be exercised at our convenience, when we are hyped by occasions or when we feel good, and when we do good, it must be done with compassion, as the good book says ‘goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life,’” says the devout Roman Catholic.

He adds: “We need to be more sympathetic to the plight of people…more understanding of their feelings and more receptive to their views. If we are more at peace with one another and show more love all categories of crime will decline…What’s left is for the country to become more prosperous.”

A former President of the St. Ann Chamber of Commerce and therefore, not a stranger to policy issues, Issa notes that some of his concerns are currently being addressed and results already being seen.

With formal qualification in dispute resolution and a frequent advocate of community solutions to national problems, Issa praised the work of the ministries of national security and justice in involving communities in the fight against crime and violence, stating, “We must return to the peace and loving country Jamaica once was.”

As for prosperity, Issa referenced recent policy measures undertaken by the government to improve the income of workers directly, such as tax relief, a pension for tourism workers and an improved national pension delivery structure.

He adds: “The prosperity of workers will improve further as the economy grows from measures aimed at improving Tourism's and ICT, as well as the institutions that have been established to drive economic growth such as the Growth Council.”

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on June 20, 2017
Last Updated on June 20, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica