Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Another MoBay tourism project for SuperClubs Joey Issa and The Prime Minister cut the ribbon

Another MoBay tourism project for SuperClubs Joey Issa and The Prime Minister cut the ribbon

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Prime Minister P.J. Patterson cut a ribbon last Friday and officially declared open the SuperClubs Golf Club at Ironshore in Montego Bay, as a throng of local and overseas VIPs — 

"

Prime Minister P.J. Patterson cut a ribbon last Friday and officially declared open the SuperClubs Golf Club at Ironshore in Montego Bay, as a throng of local and overseas VIPs�"including several Caribbean heads of government�"looked on.

The leaders, in Montego Bay for a meeting with Canadian Prime Minister, Jean Chretien, included Prime Ministers of the Bahamas, Herbert Ingraham; Basdeo Panday of Trinidad and Tobago; Dr. Keith Mitchell of Grenada; Dr. Denzil Douglas of St. Kitts and Nevis and Own Arthur of Barbados.

Prime Minister Patterson was assisted in the ribbon-cutting exercise by SuperClubs’ executive vice president, Joey Issa.

 

The Jamaican Prime Minister congratulated the SuperClubs group for opening the golf club and described it as a formidable asset to the island’s tourism product. In turn, Mr. Issa thanked the Prime Minister for agreeing to participate and said SuperClubs was happy to be investing for a second time in the Montego Bay resort area. The group also operates the MoBay Breezes hotel. SuperClubs early last year leased the 18-hole championship facility on a long-term basis from Montego Bay real estate developer, Joe Whitter.



The resort group then put in place a multi-million-dolla

r short-term improvement programme for the facility to blend into what is being planned as four-course ‘golf corridor’ for the Rose Hall area.


The Rose Hall gold destination�"an international concept designed to draw some of the most famous names on the global golf circuit to Montego Bay on a regular basis for international tourneys�"is to also feature the Half Moon course, the Ocean Course at Rose Hall (for merely the Wyndham Resort course) and the new White Witch course, which forms a part of the Ritz-Carlton Roe Hall Resort complex.

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on July 25, 2017
Last Updated on July 25, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica