We are the Masters of Our Lives, We All Have Goodness within Us Joe Issa Uses Gandhi Principle to

We are the Masters of Our Lives, We All Have Goodness within Us Joe Issa Uses Gandhi Principle to

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Philantropist and conflict mediator Joe Issa has urged the exercise of wise choices in daily life, stating the decision is entirely in the hands of each individual, who has controle of his own destiny

"

Philantropist and conflict mediator Joe Issa has urged the exercise of wise choices in daily life, stating the decision is entirely in the hands of each individual, who has controle of his own destiny.

  “As the grandson of Mahatma Gandhi said and I entirely agree, ‘we are the masters of our lives’ and ‘we all have goodness within us, however, we have to make the choice to live as such’,” Issa said, referencing a Gleaner article, which covered the attendance of Arun Gandhi at a recent Youth Peace Summit hosted by the Hanover Charities in partnership with the Universal Foundation of Truth for Better Living in Montego Bay, St James.

 

Issa, whose Cool Charities subsidiary gives towards educating underprivileged Jamaican children and hosting youth camps and community sports to foster wellbeing, confidence and respect for others, was at the time lamenting in an interview, the bad choices people make given their capability to take charge of their lives and make wise choices leading to what he called “prosperity with integrity”.

 

“Like young Gandi, I believe it is in all of us to succeed in life without disadvantaging or harming others physically of mentally, weather in sport or business…It’s what I call prosperity with integrity,” Issa added.

 

He also noted his liking for what Arun Gandhi shared about lifelong lessons learnt from his grandfather, including the use of anger productively.

 

“I think he is right. Our society would be a better place to live whether we are at work, on the go, or at home, if we can only control and redirect our anger for the good of all,” said Issa, as he refered to a quote by Gandhi which said “we must learn to channel our anger intelligently and bring it into our lives and use it for the good of humanity.”

 

Mahatma Gandhi, who once said, “Anger is good. It is an energy that compels us to define what is right and wrong,” was a great Indian leader. He rallied against the injustice of racial segregation to inspire movements for civil rights and freedom across the world, including Dr Martin Luther King Jr and Nelson Mandela.


His grandson’s book “The Gift of Anger”, which is slated for release on September 7, 2017, is said to illuminate ten vital, extraordinary life lessons taught to him by his beloved grandfather.

“Told through the author's moving, often irreverent story of his years being raised at the iconic Sevagram ashram, Arun's charming memories of his grandfather are an engaging and often surprising read. They reveal a rare insight into Gandhi the man rather than just the icon, but throughout are balanced with the inspirational lessons themselves.

“Arun believes that the violence in the world today makes Gandhi's teachings more vital than ever, and The Gift of Anger places these lessons in a modern context, shedding new light on how Gandhi's principles can - and must - be applied to today's concerns,” said a review of the book in penguin.uk.

© 2017 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on October 2, 2017
Last Updated on October 2, 2017
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica