On Relationship and Philantropy What Does Werren and Jimmy Buffett Have in Common

On Relationship and Philantropy What Does Werren and Jimmy Buffett Have in Common

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Warren Buffett has been in the news lately – not that he has ever stopped making it – and many people are still confusing him with Jimmy Buffett, especially the unfamiliar person, who would also

"

Warren Buffett has been in the news lately " not that he has ever stopped making it " and many people are still confusing him with Jimmy Buffett, especially the unfamiliar person, who would also swear they are related.

 

One person who may know more than most is businessman and philanthropist Joe Issa, having once spent time with Jimmy Buffett, who was his guest.

 

Many others, however, may have found out the truth through a 2014 blog titled, “Philanthropist Joe Issa Pays Homage to Warren Buffett, Calls Him and Former Host Jimmy Buffett Role Models”.

 

“Mr Buffett (Warren) should be saluted for his selflessness and self-chosen legacy, one which I hope will remain a lasting reference point and influence on subsequent generations,” Issa said in the blog, as he commented on a report about the enormous portion of net wealth Buffett was donating to charity during his lifetime " 99%.

 

“That’s a huge sum of money he has committed to charity over his lifetime; I’m not sure if anyone has given that much to the poor,” said Issa of Warren Buffett’s philanthropy, and so far, Issa is right, based on current reports which show Bill Gates slightly ahead in absolute terms only.

 

Issa’s former guest Jimmy Buffett is a familiar name to Jamaica, having brought the world famous Margaritaville to the island and entertained guests with his band at the opening in Ocho Rios, St. Ann where Issa’s Cool Group has its headquarters.

 

As for the relationship between the two Buffetts, Issa only had this to say:  “What I think is strikingly similar about Jimmy and Warren is that both are great role models for the future generation to follow…their dedication to giving back is purposeful and honest.”

 

The blog, however, shed more light citing a 2013 article which pointed to an obsession that was going around " including Forbes and CNN " that Warren and Jimmy were brothers until a DNA test settled the matter once and for all.


“When the results came back…[they] Called Warren and broke the news that he need not include Jimmy in his will. As it turns out, Jimmy and Warren do have common ancestors, but you have to go back more than 10,000 years to find them,” the article said. 

 

© 2018 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on October 12, 2017
Last Updated on February 1, 2018
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica, Buffetts