Tourism Expert Joe Issa Tips Jamaica, Americas to Hold Own In World Tourism

Tourism Expert Joe Issa Tips Jamaica, Americas to Hold Own In World Tourism

A Story by Sally Shiv
"

Despite not being able to compete with world-renowned museums and landmarks, or even entertainment attractions and restaurants, award-winning tourism professional and businessman Joe Issa has picked

"

 Despite not being able to compete with world-renowned museums and landmarks, or even entertainment attractions and restaurants, award-winning tourism professional and businessman Joe Issa has picked Jamaica and the Caribbean and Central America to continue to hold their positions among the top 25 tourism nations in the world.

 

“Jamaica may not be able to compete with New York’s National Museum of Natural History and India’s Taj Mahal, or even Disney in Orlando, Florida and top Italian restaurants, but I expect it to hold its own among the world’s best island destinations, with the best beaches and all-inclusive resorts,” said Issa, whose father pioneered the concept in Jamaica and the Caribbean.

 

Issa " who was awarded the International Hotels Association’s Young Hotelier of the World 1994, and US-based Travel Agents Magazine’s 100 Rising Stars three years in a row " was being interviewed about Jamaica’s chances in Tripadvisor’s next rankings, compared to its 2016 survey, in which Jamaica featured in the top 25 countries in several areas that influence the travel industry worldwide.

 

In the 2016 survey, Jamaica was voted No.3 among the top 10 islands in the world, citing its forests which feature prime hiking and bird watching, heritage sites in Trelawny, snorkeling and shopping in Montego Bay, spars in Ocho Rios to melt away the stress, and reggae and dancehall and authentic music clubs in Kingston, which has been named a must-visit city in 2017 by the NewYork Times.

 

The Hawaiian island of Maui was the No. 1. Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, was No. 4. Usain Bolt’s vacation spot Bora Bora, Society Islands, was at No. 9 while Fernando de Noronha, Brazil, was No. 10.

 

Jamaica was also in Tripadvisor’s top 25 destinations, claiming a mid spot at No. 12, with Bora Bora also getting in at No. 24. Grand Cayman is 22nd.

 

For top destinations which are on the rise, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, was 1st. No. 3 was Jericoacoara, Brazil; No. 4 was Kihei, Hawaii; and Jodhpur, India was No. 10.

 

In the top 25 All-inclusive Resorts category, Jamaica had two " Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall at No. 25 and Sandals Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios at No. 20.

 

Mexico, which has eight resorts at the very top, came up No.1 with Excellence Playa Mujeres in Playa Mujeres.

 

The Dominican Republic also featured five resorts in the top 25 all-inclusive, including Zoetry Agua Punta Cana in Punta Cana at No. 8. St. John’s Antigua’s Galley Bay Resort came in at No.11.

 

In the top 25 beaches category, Jamaica’s Seven Mile Beach in Negril placed 15th, with the Caribbean basin and Central America dominating the list.

 

The top 10 airlines saw JetBlue which also serves the region coming in at No. 4.

 

© 2018 Sally Shiv


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 26, 2017
Last Updated on February 1, 2018
Tags: joe Issa, Joe Issa Jamaica, Joseph Issa, Joseph Issa Jamaica, Joey Issa, Joey Issa Jamaica, Jamaica